Hi there! This is the House of Guitars speaking. Thank you for checking out our Reverb page. We just want to give you a few points as to why you should go with the H.O.G.!
- We are a family business that have been running strong since 1964 and work with pride and passion
- Every listing (UNLESS STATED OTHERWISE) goes through a photoshoot to highlight the uniqueness of every instrument
- All guitars go through an inspection and set-up with our professional in-store luthiers to make sure they are in top shape before shipment
- Every package we ship comes extra packed to ensure the absolute safest travel from our store to your hands
- All shipments go out ASAP. Our first priority upon seeing a purchase is getting it out, so expect to see your tracking number the next business day if purchased after 4pm or even the day of if purchased in the morning. Shipments do not get picked up on weekends so if purchased over weekend expect to see it going out Monday
- All of our workers here have a love for music and either are professional, seasoned musicians, or have a degree within the music field, so please give us a call or shoot us a message!
Check out our social media pages to stay in the loop as well to see our old commercials, rock-star visits, and cool new arrivals!
So come on down to our house, the House of Guitars, because we will sell you EVERYTHIIIING!!!
4-string Electric Bass with Bound Maple Body, Maple Through-Neck, Rosewood Fingerboard with Triangle Inlays, Two Single-coil Pickups, and Stereo Output – Jetglo
The Iconic Rickenbacker Bass. In Stereo.
“Roundabout.” The sound of that legendary Yes bass line is seared into the auditory memory of many of the musicians here: an early-1960s Rickenbacker strung with roundwounds and played with a heavy-gauge nylon pick. With their punchy treble, solid bottom end, and ringing sustain, Rickenbacker basses helped forge the sound of classic rock in the capable hands of progressive bassists such as Chris Squire, Paul McCartney, and Geddy Lee. It’s an iconic sound, and there’s only one way to get it. Today’s formidable Rickenbacker 4003 delivers those inimitable bass tones, along with stereo output, in a sleek instrument that’s primed for a new millennium.
All-maple construction for iconic sustain and treble punch
The Rickenbacker 4003 is crafted from high-grade maple. Maple is very stable, aiding in maintaining the structural integrity of the neck, which runs through the entire length of the body. The density of maple — and the neck-through design — is largely responsible for the instrument’s famous bite and growl. The thick rosewood fingerboard adds a touch of warmth and harmonic complexity, balancing out the bright high end with powerful, rich bass.
Stereo Rick-O-Sound output opens up a palette of sonic possibilities
Rickenbacker spec’d the 4003 bass with two output jacks. The first is a standard mono output. The second is a stereo Rick-O-Sound output, which outputs both pickups as a separate signal. Why let your guitarist and keyboard player have all the fun? Just think about the possibilities! You could send the neck pickup to one amp and the bridge pickup to another. Pan the pickups hard left and hard right. Insert different effects pedals in each signal path to craft immersive stereo soundscapes. With the Rickenbacker 4003, you’re no longer relegated to simply holding down the bottom end.
A potent sonic elixir
The 4003’s potent sonic elixir is delivered through two single-coil pickups, mono/stereo output, and push-pull vintage/modern voicing for immense tonal versatility. The 4003’s unique body shape gives it the traditional Rickenbacker bass look and comfortable balance, whether you’re playing seated or standing. Forge your own legendary sound with the Rickenbacker 4003 bass.
Rickenbacker 4003 Stereo 4-string Bass Features:
- The iconic Rick bass, immortalized by Chris Squire, Paul McCartney, and Geddy Lee
- Maple body and through-neck, for serious sustain and treble zing
- Body binding and block fingerboard inlays add a touch of elegance
- Thick rosewood fingerboard adds warmth and harmonic richness
- 2 single-coil pickups, mono/stereo output
- 3-way selector with 2 tone and 2 volume controls
- Stereo Rick-O-Sound output lets you route each pickup individually
- Push-pull vintage/modern voicing for immense tonal versatility
- Schaller Deluxe tuners are stage rugged and studio dependable
Back to navigationTech Specs
- Number of Strings:4
- Body Shape:4003 Traditional
- Body Material:Maple
- Body Finish:High Gloss Poly
- Neck Material:Maple, Neck-thru
- Fingerboard Material:Rosewood, bound
- Fingerboard Inlay:Triangle inlays
- Number of Frets:20
- Scale Length:33.25″
- Nut Width:1.6875″
- Nut Material:Bakelite
- Bridge/Tailpiece:RIC bridge and tailpiece
- Tuners:Schaller Deluxe
- Neck Pickup:Single-coil
- Bridge Pickup:Single-coil
- Controls:2 x volume, 2 x tone (push/pull treble tone control), 3-way toggle pickup switch, 2 x 1/4″ outputs (standard, stereo)