The Iconic Rickenbacker Bass. In Stereo.
“Roundabout.” The sound of that legendary Yes bass line is seared into the auditory memory of many of the musicians here: an early-1960s Rickenbacker strung with roundwounds and played with a heavy-gauge nylon pick. With their punchy treble, solid bottom end, and ringing sustain, Rickenbacker basses helped forge the sound of classic rock in the capable hands of progressive bassists such as Chris Squire, Paul McCartney, and Geddy Lee. It’s an iconic sound, and there’s only one way to get it. Today’s formidable Rickenbacker 4003 delivers those inimitable bass tones, along with stereo output, in a sleek instrument that’s primed for a new millennium.
All-maple construction for iconic sustain and treble punch
The Rickenbacker 4003 is crafted from high-grade maple. Maple is very stable, aiding in maintaining the structural integrity of the neck, which runs through the entire length of the body. The density of maple — and the neck-through design — is largely responsible for the instrument’s famous bite and growl. The thick rosewood fingerboard adds a touch of warmth and harmonic complexity, balancing out the bright high end with powerful, rich bass.
Stereo Rick-O-Sound output opens up a palette of sonic possibilities
Rickenbacker spec’d the 4003 bass with two output jacks. The first is a standard mono output. The second is a stereo Rick-O-Sound output, which outputs both pickups as a separate signal. Why let your guitarist and keyboard player have all the fun? Just think about the possibilities! You could send the neck pickup to one amp and the bridge pickup to another. Pan the pickups hard left and hard right. Insert different effects pedals in each signal path to craft immersive stereo soundscapes. With the Rickenbacker 4003, you’re no longer relegated to simply holding down the bottom end.
A potent sonic elixir
The 4003’s potent sonic elixir is delivered through two single-coil pickups, mono/stereo output, and push-pull vintage/modern voicing for immense tonal versatility. The 4003’s unique body shape gives it the traditional Rickenbacker bass look and comfortable balance, whether you’re playing seated or standing. Forge your own legendary sound with the Rickenbacker 4003 bass.
Rickenbacker 4003 Stereo 4-string Bass Features:
- The iconic Rick bass, immortalized by Chris Squire, Paul McCartney, and Geddy Lee
- Maple body and through-neck, for serious sustain and treble zing
- Body binding and block fingerboard inlays add a touch of elegance
- Thick rosewood fingerboard adds warmth and harmonic richness
- 2 single-coil pickups, mono/stereo output
- 3-way selector with 2 tone and 2 volume controls
- Stereo Rick-O-Sound output lets you route each pickup individually
- Push-pull vintage/modern voicing for immense tonal versatility
- Schaller Deluxe tuners are stage rugged and studio dependable
- Number of Strings:4
- Body Shape:4003 Traditional
- Body Material:Maple
- Body Finish:High Gloss Poly
- Neck Material:Maple, Neck-thru
- Fingerboard Material:Rosewood, bound
- Fingerboard Inlay:Triangles
- Number of Frets:20
- Scale Length:33.25″
- Nut Width:1.6875″
- Nut Material:Bakelite
- Bridge/Tailpiece:RIC bridge and tailpiece
- Tuners:Schaller Deluxe
- Neck Pickup:Single-coil
- Bridge Pickup:Single-coil
- Controls:2 x volume, 2 x tone (push/pull treble tone control), 3-way toggle pickup switch, 2 x 1/4″ outputs (standard, stereo)
There are no reviews yet.