A 5-string Version of the Iconic Rickenbacker Bass “Roundabout.” The sound of that legendary Yes bass line is seared into the auditory memory of many of the musicians here at Sweetwater: an early-1960s Rickenbacker 4001S strung with round-wounds. With their punchy treble, solid bottom end, and sonorous, piano-like sustain, Rickenbacker basses helped forge the sound of classic rock in the capable hands of progressive bassists such as Chris Squire and Paul McCartney. It’s an iconic sound, and there’s only one way to get it. Today’s formidable Rickenbacker 4003S/5 5-string delivers those inimitable bass tones — and then some — in a sleek, modern instrument updated with slightly wider string spacing, a Schaller Deluxe 3D-5 bridge, and newly designed single-coil pickups. Open up new sonic vistas for your music with the Rickenbacker 4003S/5 5-string electric bass.
All-maple construction for iconic sustain and treble punch
The Rickenbacker 4003S/5 is crafted from high-grade maple. Maple is very stable, aiding in maintaining the structural integrity of the neck, which runs through the entire length of the body. The density of maple — and the neck-through design — is largely responsible for the instrument’s famous bite and growl. The thick rosewood fingerboard adds a touch of warmth and harmonic complexity, balancing out the bright high end with powerful, rich bass you’ll really feel as you’re exploring the low B string of this incredible instrument. Forge your own legendary sound with the Rickenbacker 4003S/5 bass.
Rickenbacker 4003S/5 Electric Bass Features:
- Modern 5-string version of an iconic bass guitar
- Maple body and through-neck, for serious sustain and treble zing
- Thick rosewood fingerboard adds warmth and harmonic richness
- 2 redesigned single-coil pickups deliver a broad tonal range while staying true to the iconic Rick sound
- Three-way selector with 2 tone and 2 volume controls
- Schaller Deluxe tuners are stage dependable and studio precise