Hi there! This is the House of Guitars speaking. Thank you for checking out our Reverb page. We just want to give you a few points as to why you should go with the H.O.G.!
- We are a family business that have been running strong since 1964 and work with pride and passion
- Every listing (UNLESS STATED OTHERWISE) goes through a photoshoot to highlight the uniqueness of every instrument
- All guitars go through an inspection and set-up with our professional in-store luthiers to make sure they are in top shape before shipment
- Every package we ship comes extra packed to ensure the absolute safest travel from our store to your hands
- All shipments go out ASAP. Our first priority upon seeing a purchase is getting it out, so expect to see your tracking number the next business day if purchased after 4pm or even the day of if purchased in the morning. Shipments do not get picked up on weekends so if purchased over weekend expect to see it going out Monday
- All of our workers here have a love for music and either are professional, seasoned musicians, or have a degree within the music field, so please give us a call or shoot us a message!
Check out our social media pages to stay in the loop as well to see our old commercials, rock-star visits, and cool new arrivals!
So come on down to our house, the House of Guitars, because we will sell you EVERYTHIIIING!!!
Solidbody Electric Guitar with Poplar Body, Maple Neck, Maple Fingerboard, and 1 Humbucking Pickup – Metallic Black
A Deluxe-style Reimagining of the Humble Esquire
Representing the median between an early ’50s Esquire and a ’70s-era Telecaster Deluxe, the Squier Paranormal Esquire Deluxe is a no-nonsense solidbody with an aggressive humbucking edge. From the classic big-pickguard-equipped poplar Tele body to the 6-saddle hardtail bridge, this guitar is clearly inspired by the Tele Deluxes of the ’70s, but with a utilitarian twist: a single bridge-position Fender-designed Wide Range humbucking pickup. It’s a fierce set of specs that excels in all manner of loud, heavy 6-string applications. However, guitarists find the distinctive 3-position rotary knob grants the Paranormal Esquire Deluxe far greater flexibility than your typical 1-pickup instrument, taking you from all-out humbucking firepower to subtle split-coil sonics. A comfortable maple-on-maple “C” profile neck completes the Paranormal Esquire Deluxe with top-class playability that’s all but guaranteed to inspire fervent fretwork.
Fender-designed Wide Range Humbucker provides a dual-coil punch
A single Fender-designed Wide Range Humbucker pickup powers the Squier Paranormal Esquire Deluxe with all the punch of a humbucker and all the sparkle of a classic single-coil. Modeled after Fender’s first humbucker pickup — the original Wide Range Humbucker — this pickup beautifully captures the inherent warmth and depth of a classic dual-coil design without ever coming across as flubby. It’s an ideal setup for players who value simplicity and raw power above all else — who needs a second pickup, anyway?
One pickup, three positions
So, if the Squier Paranormal Esquire Deluxe has a single pickup, what’s the deal with the 3-way switch? Similar to the original Fender Esquire, the 3-way switch found on the Squier Paranormal Esquire Deluxe is not a pickup selector, but a unique tone-shaping utility with three distinct tones to toggle between:
- Position one: In the first position, the Paranormal Esquire Deluxe frees your humbucker from its tone-control shackles. In less poetic terms, it gives you the humbucker completely bypassed from the tone control for a brighter, more articulate response.
- Position two: This is your typical pickup setup, providing you with the unaltered bridge pickup paired with both the volume and tone knobs.
- Position three: If you’re seeking that classic single-coil snap, you’ll be sure to love the shimmering sound of this position’s coil-splitting tone.
The epitome of ’70s Fender style
It may be part Esquire, but the truth is that the Squier Paranormal Esquire Deluxe looks like it came straight out of a ’70s Fender catalog. The full-body pickguard, large Strat-style headstock, and witch hat knobs are all hallmarks of the classic Telecaster Deluxe, boasting a touch more style than your typical Tele. Moreover, you also get a comfortable belly cut contour on the guitar’s back, plus a 6-saddle string-through-hardtail bridge for superior intonation and sustain.
Squier Paranormal Esquire Deluxe Electric Guitar Features:
- Lightweight poplar body, with a sleek visual aesthetic inspired by ’70s-era Telecaster Deluxes
- Fast-playing maple neck in a comfortable “C” shape
- Maple fingerboard studded with 21 narrow tall frets in a 9.5-inch radius for smooth bends and slick playability up and down the fingerboard
- Single Fender-designed Wide Range humbucker delivers an onslaught of full, rich humbucking tones
- 3-way rotary knob gives you a trio of distinct tones to experiment with, including split-coil and tone-pot-bypass options
- 6-saddle string-through-body Telecaster bridge with bent steel saddles provides exceptional sustain and superior intonation adjustment
- Number of Strings6
- Body TypeSolidbody
- Body ShapeEsquire
- Body MaterialPoplar
- Body FinishGloss
- Neck MaterialMaple
- Neck ShapeC
- Neck JointBolt-on
- Fingerboard MaterialMaple
- Fingerboard InlayDots
- Number of Frets21, Narrow Tall
- Scale Length25.5″
- Nut Width1.650″
- Nut MaterialSynthetic Bone
- Bridge/Tailpiece6-Saddle String-through Body
- Bridge PickupFender Wide Range Humbucker
- Controls1 x volume, 1 x tone
- Switching3-postion rotary dial