Hi there! This is the House of Guitars speaking. Thank you for checking out our Reverb page. We just want to give you a few points as to why you should go with the H.O.G.!
- We are a family business that have been running strong since 1964 and work with pride and passion
- Every listing (UNLESS STATED OTHERWISE) goes through a photoshoot to highlight the uniqueness of every instrument
- All guitars go through an inspection and set-up with our professional in-store luthiers to make sure they are in top shape before shipment
- Every package we ship comes extra packed to ensure the absolute safest travel from our store to your hands
- All shipments go out ASAP. Our first priority upon seeing a purchase is getting it out, so expect to see your tracking number the next business day if purchased after 4pm or even the day of if purchased in the morning. Shipments do not get picked up on weekends so if purchased over weekend expect to see it going out Monday
- All of our workers here have a love for music and either are professional, seasoned musicians, or have a degree within the music field, so please give us a call or shoot us a message!
Check out our social media pages to stay in the loop as well to see our old commercials, rock-star visits, and cool new arrivals!
So come on down to our house, the House of Guitars, because we will sell you EVERYTHIIIING!!!
Solidbody Electric Guitar with Okoume Body, Maple Neck, Laurel Fingerboard, and 2 Single-coil Pickups – Crimson Transparent Red
Snazzy Short-scale with Sizzling Tone
The daring style and sound of Squier’s Paranormal Strat-O-Sonic guitar blend the classic feel of a Stratocaster with the fuller, warmer nature of a dual P-90-style electric — not to mention a unique aesthetic! Taking after the short-lived Fender Strat-O-Sonic models of the mid-2000s, the Paranormal Strat-O-Sonic unveils a wealth of tones by way of a pair of Fender-designed Alnico Soapbar Single Coil pickups, equipped with a 3-way selector and push-pull controls for series/parallel operation. It’s really a comfy player, too, fitted with a classic “C”-shaped maple neck that’s been slightly shortened for a 24.75-inch scale length, providing effortless convenience for guitarists of all sizes. The affordable Paranormal Strat-O-Sonic makes the perfect match for smaller-framed guitarists looking for a sharp look, comfortable feel, and a different kind of single-coil sizzle from their Strat-style axe.
Superbly comfortable 6-string
The Paranormal Strat-O-Sonic abounds with comfortable components, starting with a lightweight, articulate-sounding okoume body. Taking on a Strat-style shape, the back is carved for comfort and its enormous cutaways provide maximum convenience when playing all the way up the laurel fingerboard. The maple neck itself offers the iconic “C”-shape profile, creating a form-fitting and time-tested grip on your chording hand that won’t take a toll during those long practice sessions and performances. And since it’s technically a short-scale electric, the Paranormal Strat-O-Sonic shaves off about an inch of scale length compared to standard-length electrics, making tasks like nailing those open-position chords less strenuous for youngsters and smaller guitarists alike.
Fender-designed Alnico Soapbars
Armed with a pair of Fender-designed Alnico Soapbar pickups at the neck and bridge, you can expect a warmer, fuller-sounding single-coil tone out of your Paranormal Strat-O-Sonic. Its alnico magnet construction still brings that single-coil spank to the table, but with a bit less jangle that’s more suitable for jazz, blues, and modern rock. But pickup tone is only half the equation! A 3-way selector switch and a push-pull knob control let you choose between running your pickups in series (thicker and warmer) or parallel (thinner and more chimey). Whatever your preferred playing style, the Paranormal Strat-O-Sonic is happy to accommodate.
Paranormal first impressions
Everywhere you look on the Paranormal Strat-O-Sonic, there’s a stylish feature that stands out and questions the customary appointments of the past! A compensated wraparound bridge and vintage-style tuners hold your intonation with total charm. At the same time, the unique 3-ply pickguard shape offers a divergent take on those typically associated with the body style. Continuing to eschew tradition, a side-mounted instrument cable jack throws in some additional otherworldly flavor. Toss in a pickguard-matching headstock for good measure, and the closer you look, the more this Strat in disguise becomes its own unique beast!
Squier Paranormal Strat-O-Sonic Electric Guitar Features:
- Okoume Strat-style body offers a lightweight and comfortable playing feel, standing or sitting
- “C”-shaped maple neck with 24.75-inch scale length combines an ergonomic grip with convenient reachability
- 22-fret laurel fingerboard offers plenty of room for riffing and soloing to your heart’s content
- Fender-designed Alnico Soapboar single-coil pickups offer a warmer and fuller single-coil tone
- 3-way selector switch with push-pull control for series/parallel operation unleashes tons of tonal potential
- Compensated wraparound bridge and vintage-style tuners add seldom-seen Strat-style charm
- Unique 3-ply pickguard shape, matching headstock, and side-mounted instrument cable jack challenge convention while offering modern appeal
- Number of Strings6
- Body TypeSolidbody
- Body ShapeStrat-O-Sonic
- Body MaterialOkoume
- Body FinishGloss
- ColorCrimson Red Transparent
- Neck MaterialMaple
- Neck ShapeC
- Neck JointBolt-on
- Fingerboard MaterialLaurel
- Fingerboard InlayDots
- Number of Frets22, Narrow Tall
- Scale Length24.75″
- Nut Width1.650″
- Nut MaterialGraphite
- Bridge/TailpieceCompensated Wrap-Around
- Neck PickupFender Alnico Soapbar Single-coil
- Bridge PickupFender Alnico Soapbar Single-coil
- Controls1 x volume, 1 x tone (push/push series/parallel)
- Switching3-way toggle pickup switch