Vintage Flair, Modern Sound
Timeless designs inspired the Cutlass CT50HSS from Sterling by Music Man and its out-of-time aesthetics are paired with a rockin’ sound. Sporting a poplar body, alongside a roasted maple neck and a rosewood fingerboard, this guitar’s tone is anchored with straightforward, well-balanced sound and a bright, resonant top end. A classic H/S/S pickup configuration puts Sterling’s house-made pickups at the wheel, loading up a heater of a humbucker in the bridge, with two single-coils in the middle and neck positions. The 5-way blade switch provides plenty of tonal versatility that’s easily dialed in with the respective volume and tone control knobs. The vintage tremolo adds just the right amount of room for expression.
Solid, balanced tone
Tonally, the Cutlass is anchored by its poplar body. Known for its straightforward and balanced aural qualities, poplar creates a sturdy foundation for any style. Roasted maple is used in the neck, imbuing your sonic character with a distinctive brightness, excellent articulation, and tight, sustaining tones in every register. Rosewood comprises the fingerboard, finishing off your sound with a distinctive, shimmering veneer ensuring riffs of any style can shine.
To really animate your licks, Sterling is serving up your tones with house-made pickups engineered for diverse styles and flexible playing. The H/S/S configuration puts a humbucker in the bridge for sizzling sounds with plenty of oomph. The middle and neck pickups are single-coils designed to soften some of the high end while retaining the body your tone. Smoothest in the neck position, these pickups are accompanied by a 5-way blade switch, granting you access to a spectrum of sonic possibilities. Dedicated control knobs for tone and volume give you even more space to craft a sound that’s perfectly personal.
The roasted maple neck isn’t just great for tone. Its structural resilience makes it highly resistant to twisting and warping, making the Cutlass a great choice for gigging and touring musicians. Its sleek profile is defined by a variable thickness — 1.65 inches at the nut and 2.24 inches at the last fret. This accommodating design lets players of any style jam with ease, affording greater tonal control without compromising comfort. With 22 frets sprawling a 12-inch fingerboard radius, there’s plenty of sonic space to explore. Locking tuners and a vintage tremolo bookend the 25.5-inch scale, reliably keeping your tones in tune while you dive-bomb to your heart’s content!
Sterling by Music Man Cutlass CT50HSS Electric Guitar Features:
- Poplar body anchors your tones with a balanced, all-around sound
- Roasted maple neck blends articulation and brightness with tight tones throughout the spectrum
- Rosewood fingerboard adds vibrant character to every register
- 5-bolt neck joint means tonal and structural stability
- Maple’s natural resilience to twisting and warping makes the Cutlass great for touring/gigging
- Sleek, asymmetrical neck blends comfort and accommodation to nearly any player
- House-made electronics support a versatile array of playstyles with H/S/S configuration
- 5-way blade selector and dedicated tone and volume knobs allow for precisely personal sounds
- 12-inch fingerboard radius means diverse riffs and unfettered execution across all 22 narrow frets
- 1.65-inch polyphenylene sulfide nut delivers consistent, buzz-free tones
- Locking tuners and vintage tremolo bookend a 25.5-inch scale, boasting a formidable range of tones with endless expressive possibilities
- Number of Strings6
- Body TypeSolidbody
- Body ShapeCutlass
- Body MaterialPoplar
- Body FinishGloss
- ColorDropped Copper
- Neck MaterialRoasted Maple
- Neck ShapeCutlass
- Neck Joint5-way Bolt-on
- Fingerboard MaterialRosewood
- Fingerboard InlayWhite Dots
- Number of Frets22, Medium
- Scale Length25.5″
- Nut Width1.650″
- Nut MaterialPolyphenylene Sulfide
- Bridge/TailpieceVintage Tremolo
- Neck PickupSterling by Music Man Single-coil
- Middle PickupSterling by Music Man Single-coil
- Bridge PickupSterling by Music Man Humbucker
- Controls1 x master volume, 1 x master tone
- Switching5-way blade pickup switch
There are no reviews yet.