Taylor’s Distinctive Grand Auditorium
The Taylor 114ce acoustic-electric guitar is a terrific choice for beginning or seasoned players. You’ll find the 114ce’s maple neck extremely comfortable and playable, while its solid Sitka spruce and layered walnut tonewood combination provides you with the perfect balance of warmth and sparkle. On top of that, the onboard ES2 electronics translate your true acoustic tone when playing plugged-in.
Grand Auditorium body style
Taylor’s beloved Grand Auditorium body style, featured on the 114ce, employs the width and depth of the dreadnought. But its narrower waist gives Grand Auditorium-bodied acoustic guitars a sleeker look with remarkable high-end response — helping to sharpen the definition of each note. And the comfort of this body style is a huge reason the 114ce is a popular instrument for live performance. From fingerpicking to strumming, the 114ce Grand Auditorium is a great choice for nearly every playing style.
The tonewoods chosen for the 114ce offer detailed tone, strong projection, and durability. The layered walnut back and sides offer rigid construction that aids in the guitar’s pronounced tone and helps the instrument remain stable under fluctuating climate changes and rough handling. The combination of maple and ebony on the neck ensures a ringing midrange with plenty of top-end detail. And the solid Sitka spruce top is one of the most popular wood choices for a powerful tone that is well balanced across the frequency range.
Taylor’s Expression System 2
Taylor’s Expression System 2 uses a proprietary pickup behind the saddle. The pickup’s three individually calibrated, precisely positioned piezo-electric sensors respond organically to the instrument’s acoustic energy as it’s transferred through the saddle. In concert with Taylor’s custom-designed preamp, the result is a natural acoustic sound with incredible dynamic range and responsiveness. Guitar gurus are mightily impressed with Taylor’s Expression System 2.
Taylor 114ce Grand Auditorium 6-string Acoustic-electric Guitar Features:
- Grand Auditorium body style delivers exceptional high-end response
- Sitka spruce and layered walnut tonewoods provide balanced warmth and sparkle
- TUSQ Nut and Micarta Saddle ensure a buzz-free, well-tuned performance
- Die-cast chrome-plated tuners maintain intonation
- Updated bracing allows the guitar’s top to vibrate, providing enhanced tone
- Maple neck delivers comfortable playability
- ES2 electronics for outstanding amplified performance
- String Type:Steel
- Number of Strings:6
- Body Shape:Grand Auditorium
- Finish:Satin Varnish
- Top Wood:Sitka Spruce
- Back & Sides Wood:Walnut
- Body Bracing:Forward Shifted Pattern
- Neck Wood:Maple
- Neck Shape:Standard
- Fingerboard Material:Ebony
- Fingerboard Inlay:Acrylic Dots
- Number of Frets:20
- Scale Length:25.5″
- Tuning Machines:Chrome
- Bridge Material:Ebony
- Nut/Saddle Material:Tusq/Micarta
- Nut Width:1.6875″
- Electronics:Expression System 2
There are no reviews yet.