Hi there! This is the House of Guitars speaking. Thank you for checking out our Reverb page. We just want to give you a few points as to why you should go with the H.O.G.!
- We are a family business that have been running strong since 1964 and work with pride and passion
- Every listing (UNLESS STATED OTHERWISE) goes through a photoshoot to highlight the uniqueness of every instrument
- All guitars go through an inspection and set-up with our professional in-store luthiers to make sure they are in top shape before shipment
- Every package we ship comes extra packed to ensure the absolute safest travel from our store to your hands
- All shipments go out ASAP. Our first priority upon seeing a purchase is getting it out, so expect to see your tracking number the next business day if purchased after 4pm or even the day of if purchased in the morning. Shipments do not get picked up on weekends so if purchased over weekend expect to see it going out Monday
- All of our workers here have a love for music and either are professional, seasoned musicians, or have a degree within the music field, so please give us a call or shoot us a message!
Check out our social media pages to stay in the loop as well to see our old commercials, rock-star visits, and cool new arrivals!
So come on down to our house, the House of Guitars, because we will sell you EVERYTHIIIING!!!
6-string Acoustic-electric Guitar with Solid Spruce Top, Layered Rosewood Back and Sides, and Ebony Fingerboard – Natural
Fantastic Value in a Rosewood Taylor!
The Taylor 214ce acoustic-electric guitar is a celebration of innovation. Bob Taylor’s signature Grand Auditorium body shape has the width and depth of a dreadnought, but its tapered waist and graceful contours make it look like a smaller instrument and impart balance and presence to the big sound, making it a favorite of recording engineers. With its slender, fast neck, the 214ce plays like a Taylor — which is to say, effortlessly. With its gorgeous rosewood back and sides, solid Sitka spruce top, and built-in ES2 electronics, the Taylor 214ce is your ticket to great things.
Grand Auditorium body style for amazing comfort, tone, and visuals
Taylor’s beloved Grand Auditorium body style, featured on the 214ce, employs the width and depth of a dreadnought; however, its waist is narrower, which gives Grand Auditorium–bodied acoustic guitars a sleeker look with more treble zing. The body style also helps to sharpen the definition of each note. From fingerpicking to medium strumming, the Grand Auditorium is a great choice for nearly every playing style.
Sitka and rosewood: a classic tonewood combination
As a top tonewood, Sitka spruce offers a combination of strength and elasticity that delivers a broad dynamic range with crisp articulation that’s ideal for a wide range of playing styles, from delicate fingerpicking to aggressive flatpicked strumming. Indian rosewood, used for this guitar’s sides and back, serves up an extended frequency range and rich, musical tonality that have elevated it to premium status among tonewoods. Its potent low end can serve up a throaty growl, while sparkling treble notes ring out with bell-like clarity. Slightly scooped in the midrange (as compared with mahogany), rosewood acoustic guitars are perfect for solo performance, vocal accompaniment, and tracking in sparser arrangements.
Built-in ES2 electronics system for great onstage tone
You’ll enjoy performing with the 214ce, not only because of its great looks but also because it packs the Taylor ES2 electronics system, which delivers uncolored, exceptionally clean amplified sound and flexible tone shaping. Whether you’re playing it acoustically or plugged in, the Taylor 214ce sounds amazing.
Taylor 214ce Acoustic-electric Guitar Features:
- 6-string Grand Auditorium delivers huge, balanced tone
- Solid Sitka spruce top, layered rosewood back and sides
- Graceful Venetian cutaway gives you free access to upper frets
- Tropical mahogany neck with ebony fingerboard
- ES2 electronics
- Chrome-plated Taylor tuners
- String Type:Steel
- Number of Strings:6
- Body Shape:Grand Auditorium
- Back & Sides Wood:Indian Rosewood
- Top Wood:Sitka Spruce
- Body Bracing:Forward Shifted
- Neck Wood:Tropical Mahogany
- Fingerboard Material:West African Ebony
- Fingerboard Inlay:Italian Acrylic Dots
- Number of Frets:20
- Scale Length:25.5″
- Nut Width:1.6875″
- Nut/Saddle Material:Nubone/Micarta
- Bridge Material:Ebony
- Tuning Machines:Die-cast Chrome