6-string Acoustic-electric Guitar with Lutz Spruce Top, Layered Maple Back and Sides, and Ebony Fingerboard – Trans Grey
The All-purpose 214ce with Deluxe Limited-edition Looks!
When players seek a stunning workhorse acoustic-electric guitar packed with modern features, pros regularly point toward Taylor’s 214ce DLX LTD with no hesitation! The 214ce DLX LTD is an evergreen powerhouse packed with resonant maple and spruce tonewoods, an easy-playing maple neck, and Taylor’s outstanding ES2 electronics system that will take your stage performance to new heights. The 214ce DLX LTD’s powerful Lutz spruce top and layered maple body guarantee resonant volume and projection, not to mention striking clarity and that signature Taylor sparkle. This LTD DLX edition rocks the same slim Grand Auditorium waist and spacious body cutaway as the standard version for comfortable playability in any position. Beyond this guitar’s stunning luxury finish, other noteworthy deluxe appointments include white binding, tri-line purfling, and a suave single-ring rosette. This 214ce is here for a limited time only, so act fast!
Maple and spruce: powerful, bright, and infinitely warm
Beneath the 214ce DLX LTD’s luxury finish sits a collection of specialty tonewoods ready to power modern tone and comfortable playability for years to come. Layered bigleaf maple back and sides guarantee a bright and responsive sound across chords and picking with wonderful dynamic transparency that’s perfect for players who leap from style to style (or from loud to soft) regularly. Furthermore, Taylor voices their maple for extra bottom-end resonance along with more sustain and warmth across the board; the result is a more versatile sound than the average maple-bodied instrument. The instrument’s premium top is made from rare Lutz spruce, a hybrid species that energizes maple’s tone volume and power. But of course, the best tonewoods in the world mean nothing unless they’re playable! That’s why the 214ce LTD DLX features an incredibly comfortable maple neck with Taylor’s signature ergonomic neck carve, a smooth ebony fingerboard, and a satin finish. As a finishing touch, every inch of this guitar’s tonewood is enhanced with rock-solid hardware and innovative V-class bracing.
Balanced Grand Auditorium design
The Grand Auditorium player-friendly design is built for professionals who want to quickly hop from style to style without switching guitars! One of Taylor’s iconic guitar shapes, the Grand Auditorium’s comfortable low profile is sonically outsized by its strong voice and projection. Since it’s balanced across lows, mids, and highs, players who favor transparent-sounding guitars will love the 214ce LTD DLX’s warm and crisp fingerpicking response that darkens up when flatpicking or strumming with force. Moreover, the 214ce LTD DLX also features Taylor’s signature Venetian cutaway for better access to upper frets.
Expression System 2 electronics
With built-in ES2 electronics, the 214ce LTD DLX is ready for the stage! The ES2 system features a revolutionary segmented pickup located behind the bridge saddle; this pickup position delivers remarkably accurate and clear sound production that’s authentic to your playing. Each ES2 system features a handy master volume knob for fast level adjustments, in addition to a 2-band EQ for independent treble/bass adjustments to get the sound you need. Plus, the ES2 system also has a built-in phase switch, which offers essential feedback suppression whenever the system is active.
Taylor 214ce DLX LTD Acoustic-electric Guitar Features:
- Limited-run take on an enduring Taylor favorite
- Grand Auditorium body delivers a strong balance between clarity and volume, not to mention outstanding playability
- Solid wood top carved from powerful, resonant Lutz spruce
- Layered bigleaf maple back and sides shape bright, clear acoustic warmth that responds well to player dynamics
- Maple neck and ebony fingerboard guarantee top-notch comfortable playability
- Upper body cutaway for additional upper-fret access
- V-class bracing enhances resonance
- Nubone nut and micarta saddle enhance sustain and ensure buzz-free strings
- Deluxe appointments, including black satin hardware and matching headstock overlay made from ebony
- ES2 electronics amplify acoustic tone with authentic fidelity and convenient shaping tools
- String Type:Steel
- Number of Strings:6
- Body Shape:Grand Auditorium
- Color:Trans Grey
- Top Finish:Gloss
- Top Wood:Lutz Spruce
- Back & Sides Wood:Big Leaf Maple
- Body Bracing:Forward Shifted
- Neck Wood:Hard Rock Maple
- Neck Shape:Standard Carve
- Fingerboard Material:Crelicam Ebony
- Fingerboard Inlay:Italian Acrylic Small Diamonds
- Number of Frets:20
- Scale Length:25.5″
- Tuning Machines:Taylor, Satin Black
- Bridge Material:Crelicam Ebony
- Nut/Saddle Material:Graph Tech NuBone/Micarta
- Nut Width:1.6875″
There are no reviews yet.