Taylor 12-string with Body and Shimmer
This Taylor 12-string’s complex and chorusing octave interactions are sure to breathe new life into your licks, chords, and leads and will inspire new textures for your arrangements. The Taylor 254ce acoustic-electric guitar features a Grand Auditorium body made from layered Indian rosewood and Sitka spruce to strike Taylor’s signature balance of body, resonance, and top-end sparkle. Onboard Taylor ES2 electronics provide convenient and natural-sounding amplification for the stage and studio, and discreet tone and volume controls let you shape your sound before it hits the soundboard.
A quality Taylor 12-string at a comfortable price
The 254ce exemplifies the classic-yet-modern approach to instrument making that guitarists appreciate in Taylor Guitars. The reduced Grand Auditorium body style, with its tapered waist and elegant cutaway, has a familiar feel in the hands but a bold tone that really cuts through in a mix for strumming to fingerpicking. Taylor’s layered-wood approach retains the look and much of the tone guitarists expect from a bona fide Taylor — at a more comfortable price.
Premium tonewoods deliver Taylor’s signature full sound
The 254ce 12-string has the full-range Taylor tone and broad response you rely on. This is thanks to a Sitka spruce top that adds focus and definition to the bold layered-rosewood back and sides. From folksy fingerpicking to classic rock chord strumming, the Taylor 254ce has you covered.
Taylor ES2 electronics for a natural and dynamic amplified sound
Artists who play plugged-in will appreciate the Taylor 254ce’s natural-sounding Expression System 2 (ES2) electronics. This system features a three-section proprietary pickup located behind the guitar’s saddle for clear and accurate sound reproduction. A master volume control and a pair of tone controls let you tweak your sound and output from the stage, and a discreet phase switch provides vital onboard feedback suppression.
Taylor 254ce Grand Auditorium Acoustic-electric Guitar Features:
- A solid workhorse 12-string acoustic-electric guitar
- Comfortable Grand Auditorium body style projects at a reduced size
- Layered Indian rosewood with Sitka spruce for a full-bodied sound and present top
- Matte-finished mahogany neck is comfortable and easy to play
- ES2 electronics deliver natural acoustic tone without a mic
- Ships with a padded gig bag
- String Type:Steel
- Number of Strings:12
- Body Shape:Grand Auditorium
- Top Wood:Sitka Spruce
- Back & Sides Wood:Rosewood
- Body Bracing:Forward-shifted
- Neck Wood:Tropical Mahogany
- Fingerboard Material:West African Crelicam Ebony
- Fingerboard Inlay:Italian Acrylic Dots
- Number of Frets:20
- Scale Length:25.5″
- Tuning Machines:Closed Gear with Chrome buttons
- Bridge Material:Ebony
- Nut/Saddle Material:Tusq/Micarta
- Nut Width:1.875″
There are no reviews yet.