Hi there! This is the House of Guitars speaking. Thank you for checking out our Reverb page. We just want to give you a few points as to why you should go with the H.O.G.!
- We are a family business that have been running strong since 1964 and work with pride and passion
- Every listing (UNLESS STATED OTHERWISE) goes through a photoshoot to highlight the uniqueness of every instrument
- All guitars go through an inspection and set-up with our professional in-store luthiers to make sure they are in top shape before shipment
- Every package we ship comes extra packed to ensure the absolute safest travel from our store to your hands
- All shipments go out ASAP. Our first priority upon seeing a purchase is getting it out, so expect to see your tracking number the next business day if purchased after 4pm or even the day of if purchased in the morning. Shipments do not get picked up on weekends so if purchased over weekend expect to see it going out Monday
- All of our workers here have a love for music and either are professional, seasoned musicians, or have a degree within the music field, so please give us a call or shoot us a message!
Check out our social media pages to stay in the loop as well to see our old commercials, rock-star visits, and cool new arrivals!
So come on down to our house, the House of Guitars, because we will sell you EVERYTHIIIING!!!
8-string Baritone Acoustic-electric Guitar with Mahogany Top, Mahogany Back and Sides, Mahogany Neck, and Ebony Fingerboard – Shaded Edgeburst
Extended-range Baritone with Double Octave-course Shimmer
One part baritone and one part 12-string sparkle, the Taylor 326ce Baritone-8 acoustic-electric guitar stands apart from Taylor’s lineup as a wholly unique 8-string baritone creation. This 27-inch-scale guitar sports a standard B to B baritone tuning, but the real magic is found in the octave course D and A strings in the middle of the neck, facilitating unique low-tuned chord voicings and melodic textures you simply can’t find anywhere else. Moreover, the neo-tropical African mahogany bones of the 326ce Baritone-8 found on the neck, top, back, and sides squeeze every drop of extended-range shimmer out of this idiosyncratic instrument giving you a dry and fundamental-heavy response. Lastly, it wouldn’t be a Taylor without the brand’s signature effortless performance — the fast-playing standard Taylor neck carve, deep Venetian cutaway, 15-inch-radius ebony fingerboard, and world-class Taylor ES2 electronics make the Taylor 326ce Baritone-8 an absolute powerhouse of playability, ready to hit the stage or the studio right out of the box.
Hybrid baritone/8-string construction
To call the Taylor 326ce Baritone-8 a standard baritone guitar would be selling this unique acoustic-electric short — in truth, the 8-string, octave-pair design results in a cutting-edge new configuration that defies traditional categorization. The six standard B to B strings in a medium 27-inch scale length certainly provide you with all the low-end depth you’d expect from an extended-range setup, but the D and A strings really set this model apart from the pack. Both strings sport a low tuning that you’d find on a regular baritone; then, like a 12-string guitar, the 326ce Baritone-8 pairs the low string with a higher string exactly one octave above it. What does it sound like? The perfect combination of low-tuned power, with a touch of upper-end sparkle thrown in the middle for hitherto unheard-of melodies and chord shapes. Best of all, the 326ce Baritone-8 requires a slight learning curve coming from a standard 6-string — all your song and chord shapes will be translated over, only with a much deeper and richer sound.
Full mahogany construction
With the 326ce Baritone-8’s neo-tropical mahogany neck, top, back, and sides, you can expect tone that’s round and full with exceptional midrange definition. Guitarists find the 326ce Baritone-8 has a slightly darker, more vintage sound than a typical spruce top Taylor guitar. Yet despite its enhanced low end, the 326ce Baritone-8 still delivers the signature treble punch that Taylors are known for, a quality that allows the two-octave pairs to bloom and resonate along with the 326ce Baritone-8’s deeper timbres.
Cutting-edge Taylor Expression System 2 electronics
Need to plug in? Then you’ll love the Taylor Expression System 2 electronics built into the 326ce Baritone-8! The ES2 system features a revolutionary segmented pickup located behind the bridge saddle; this pickup position delivers remarkably accurate and clear sound production that’s authentic to your playing. Each ES2 system features a handy master volume knob for fast level adjustments, in addition to a 2-band EQ for independent treble/bass adjustments to get the sound you need. Plus, the ES2 system also has a built-in phase switch, which offers essential feedback suppression whenever the system is active.
A Grand Symphony of charisma
Taylor’s assertive Grand Symphony shape first entered the scene in 2006 as the Grand Auditorium’s turbocharged big sibling. The Grand Symphony beefs up the Grand Auditorium’s size with a larger profile, wider waist, and bigger lower bout. Still, it retains the balance and comfort that made the Grand Auditorium such a success. The result is a bold Taylor guitar with enhanced volume, projection, and sustain that’s ideal for the 326ce Baritone-8’s extended-range setup.
Taylor 326ce Baritone-8 8-string Acoustic-electric Baritone Guitar Features:
- Extended-range 8-string B to B baritone guitar with two-octave pairs on the middle D and A strings for an exceptionally unique sound
- Ideal for the guitarist seeking a new sonic texture without having to relearn standard guitar scales and chord shapes
- Medium 27-inch scale length gives you a looser feel and improved playability over many long-scale baritones
- Grand Symphony body style provides massive projection and a supremely balanced sound across all eight strings
- Neo-tropical mahogany top, back, sides, and neck produce a crisp, direct sound that emphasizes the fundamental note and offers a strong midrange wallop
- Elegant Crelicam ebony fingerboard in an easy-playing 15-inch radius
- Standard Taylor neck carve is sure to please players of all backgrounds and styles
- Deep Venetian cutaway offers unimpeded access to the upper frets
- Premium Taylor ES2 electronics faithfully amplify your unplugged tone, with a host of handy built-in controls to dial in your sound
- Wide 1.75-inch nut width gives fingerstyle players plenty of room to maneuver
- String Type:Steel
- Number of Strings:8
- Body Shape:Grand Symphony
- Back & Sides Wood:Mahogany
- Top Wood:Mahogany
- Top Finish:Satin
- Color:Shaded Edgeburst
- Body Bracing:Baritone bracing
- Binding:Black Plastic
- Neck Wood:Mahogany
- Neck Shape:Standard Carve
- Fingerboard Material:Ebony
- Fingerboard Inlay:Gemstone, Italian Acrylic
- Number of Frets:19
- Scale Length:27″
- Nut Width:1.75″
- Nut/Saddle Material:Tusq/Micarta
- Bridge Material:Ebony
- Tuning Machines:Taylor Standard