Hi there! This is the House of Guitars speaking. Thank you for checking out our Reverb page. We just want to give you a few points as to why you should go with the H.O.G.!
- We are a family business that have been running strong since 1964 and work with pride and passion
- Every listing (UNLESS STATED OTHERWISE) goes through a photoshoot to highlight the uniqueness of every instrument
- All guitars go through an inspection and set-up with our professional in-store luthiers to make sure they are in top shape before shipment
- Every package we ship comes extra packed to ensure the absolute safest travel from our store to your hands
- All shipments go out ASAP. Our first priority upon seeing a purchase is getting it out, so expect to see your tracking number the next business day if purchased after 4pm or even the day of if purchased in the morning. Shipments do not get picked up on weekends so if purchased over weekend expect to see it going out Monday
- All of our workers here have a love for music and either are professional, seasoned musicians, or have a degree within the music field, so please give us a call or shoot us a message!
Check out our social media pages to stay in the loop as well to see our old commercials, rock-star visits, and cool new arrivals!
So come on down to our house, the House of Guitars, because we will sell you EVERYTHIIIING!!!
6-string Acoustic-electric Guitar with Sitka Spruce Top, Indian Rosewood Back and Sides, Mahogany Neck, and Ebony Fingerboard – Tobacco Sunburst
A Seriously Potent Grand Pacific with V-class Bracing
The 417e-R represents all of the tonal versatility that Taylor’s 400 series has to offer — with unquestionable power. This acoustic-electric Grand Pacific features revolutionary V-Class bracing, which boosts volume evenly across the tonal spectrum, increases sustain, and improves the natural intonation of the instrument by creating a more synergistic response from the soundboard. This fosters a more harmonious relationship between the notes you play, helping chords to ring out in cohesive splendor. If you’re a guitarist who appreciates the robust lows and crisp highs of rosewood along with the dynamic range of spruce, you’ll find everything you need and more in the 417-e R.
Bold Grand Pacific projection
The Grand Pacific body style is all about power. Given its larger overall body size and wider waist, the 417e-R launches every note forward with sufficient warmth, creating a rounded-out and perfectly overlapped sound. Another perk that this body style provides is deeper low-end projection. However, given the 417e-R’s unique bracing architecture, you’ll get all the deep bottom sound you’ve been looking for without unnecessary muddiness or bleed.
V-Class bracing: a sonic revelation
Bracing is the internal framework of an acoustic guitar that helps shape its sound. Although X-bracing has been standard in acoustic guitars for over a century, it creates an innate conflict between two key elements of a guitar’s sound: volume and sustain. The guitar’s top (its soundboard) contributes to both. The flexibility of the top generates volume (projection), while its stiffness generates sustain. And with X-braced guitar tops, here’s where the tradeoff comes in: when something is made stiffer, its flexibility is reduced (and vice versa).
V-Class bracing changes all that. With Taylor’s V-Class bracing, an acoustic guitar top can be both stiff and flexible — for more volume and sustain. V-Class bracing provides stiffness parallel to the strings for more rigidity and hence sustain. Flexibility on either side generates the air movement necessary for robust projection. It’s the best of both worlds. This groundbreaking innovation also improves intonation — not only producing notes that are louder and have longer sustain, but are also more in tune with each other. Guitarists are gobsmacked. But don’t take our word for it — pick up the superb Taylor 417e-R and experience it for yourself!
A classic tonewood combination
Nothing beats the sound of rosewood topped with spruce. As a top tonewood, Sitka spruce offers a combination of strength and elasticity that delivers a broad dynamic range with crisp articulation ideal for a wide range of playing styles, from delicate fingerpicking to aggressive flatpicked strumming. Used for the back and sides of the 417e-R, Indian rosewood gives this guitar a diversified tone with a deep low end, scooped mid-frequencies, and stunningly high notes. When spruce and rosewood join forces with the 417e-R’s Grand Pacific body shape, the result is an impressively powerful and deep acoustic output with just the right amount of possible tonal personality. You can’t go wrong with this beloved woods cocktail, and the 417e-R draws out nothing but it’s best features.
Cutting-edge Taylor Expression System 2 electronics
If you play plugged in, then you’re going to love the Taylor Expression System 2 (ES2) electronics built into your 417e-R. The key to this fantastic system is the 3-section proprietary pickup located behind the saddle. Because of where it’s positioned and how it’s integrated into the 417e-R’s saddle, the ES2 pickup provides you with remarkably clear and accurate sound. In addition to a master volume control, a pair of tone controls lets you tweak your highs and lows to get the sound you need, and a discrete phase switch offers vital onboard feedback suppression.
Taylor 417e-R 14 Fret Acoustic-electric Guitar Features:
- Solid Sitka spruce and Indian rosewood tonewoods facilitate classic tonal strength with a wide dynamic range
- Grand Pacific body shape emits a warm and rounded tone with zero muddiness
- Incredibly clear 3-section Taylor Expression 2 electronics system
- Durable scarf neck/headstock joint
- V-Class bracing with relief route for a balanced boost of volume and sustain
- 14-fret neck to body count
- Black TUSQ nut and white Micarta saddle promote authentic string vibration
- Medium-brown satin-finished neck makes playing feel natural
- Complimentary nickel hardware and tuning machines
- Charming gloss finish on top, back, and sides
- String Type:Steel
- Number of Strings:6
- Body Shape:Grand Pacific
- Back & Sides Wood:Indian Rosewood
- Top Wood:Sitka Spruce
- Top Finish:Gloss
- Color:Tobacco Sunburst
- Body Bracing:V-Class bracing with relief route
- Binding:White Plastic
- Neck Wood:Neo-Tropical Mahogany
- Neck Shape:Standard Carve
- Fingerboard Material:Crelicam Ebony
- Fingerboard Inlay:Renaissance
- Number of Frets:20
- Scale Length:25.5″
- Nut Width:1.75″
- Nut/Saddle Material:Tusq/Micarta
- Bridge Material:Crelicam Ebony
- Tuning Machines:Taylor Nickel