Hi there! This is the House of Guitars speaking. Thank you for checking out our Reverb page. We just want to give you a few points as to why you should go with the H.O.G.!
- We are a family business that’s been running strong since 1964 and work with pride and passion
- Every listing (UNLESS STATED OTHERWISE) goes through a photoshoot to highlight the uniqueness of every instrument
- All guitars go through an inspection and set-up with our professional in-store luthiers to make sure they are in top shape before shipment
- Every package we ship comes extra packed to ensure the absolute safest travel from our store to your hands
- All shipments go out ASAP. Our first priority upon seeing a purchase is getting it out, so expect to see your tracking number the next business day if purchased after 4pm or even the day of if purchased in the morning. Shipments do not get picked up on weekends so if purchased over weekend expect to see it going out Monday
- All of our workers here have a love for music and either are professional, seasoned musicians, or have a degree within the music field, so please give us a call or shoot us a message!
Check out our social media pages to stay in the loop as well to see our old commercials, rock-star visits, and cool new arrivals!
So come on down to our house, the House of Guitars, because we will sell you EVERYTHIIIING!!!
6-string Acoustic-electric Guitar with Torrefied Spruce Top, Red Ironbark Back and Sides, Mahogany Neck, and Ebony Fingerboard – Tobacco
12-fret Neck Joint for Fingerstyle Focus
Complete with a 12-fret neck joint, stylish slotted headstock, and lush-sounding urban ironbark back and sides, the 512ce 12-fret is a fingerstyle-ready addition to Taylor’s sustainability-focused Urban Species lineup. This guitar marks the next step in Taylor’s Urban Species line made from sustainably sourced urban forestry that was otherwise destined for removal. This wood delivers rich, clear tone augmented by a powerful torrefied Sitka spruce top and sculpted to perfection by Taylor’s acclaimed Grand Concert body shape — a go-to for fingerstyle players and studio pros! Complete with a Venetian cutaway, a bound ebony fingerboard, a comfortable mahogany neck, and gig-ready ES2 electronics, the Urban Red Ironbark 512ce 12-fret offers innovative modern looks with classic Taylor features and performance.
Captivating red ironbark construction
Red ironbark back and sides offer rich looks and even richer tone. Natural reddish hues show off lots of wood grain and looks great under stage lights, while the wood itself shares the dense but resonant characteristics of fine cuts of rosewood and ebony. Expect crisp definition with broad response and dramatic sustain. The richness of ironbark is sweetened and enhanced with a torrefied Sitka spruce top, roasted to match the body. Sitka spruce adds excellent volume and projection for seasoned tone and the sparkling resonance that Taylor enthusiasts have come to expect.
Exceptional Grand Concert design
The Grand Concert design is ideal for studio and stage use where pure playing is your top priority. One of Taylor’s original proprietary guitar shapes, the Grand Concert’s compact size and tapered waist keep overtones in check, so chords and fingerpicking stay crisp. Especially favored by modern pickers, the Grand Concert’s shortened scale length creates a silkier string feel up and down the fingerboard. Plus, the 512ce 12-fret Grand Concert features a Venetian cutaway for excellent access to upper frets. No guitar shape sounds or feels quite like the Grand Concert!
Taylor Expression System 2 electronics
Need to plug in? Then you’re going to love the Taylor Expression System 2 (ES2) electronics built into the 512ce 12-fret! The ES2 system features a revolutionary segmented pickup located behind the bridge saddle; this pickup position delivers remarkably accurate and clear sound production that’s authentic to your playing. Each ES2 system features a handy master volume knob for fast level adjustments as well as a 2-band EQ for independent treble/bass adjustments to dial in the sound you need. Plus, the ES2 system also has a built-in phase switch that offers essential feedback suppression whenever the system is active.
V-Class bracing: a sonic innovation
Bracing supports each acoustic guitar’s interior, and, though it’s almost invisible, bracing shapes guitar acoustics in a big way! X-shape bracing was standard on acoustics for over a century, but Taylor’s revolutionary V-bracing is able to tease more volume and sustain out of a guitar’s sound chamber. V-bracing allows wooden acoustic tops to vibrate with more richness, projection, and sustain, with more space inside the sound chamber for note maturation. And if that wasn’t enough, this groundbreaking innovation also improves intonation and adds more overtones — those subtle harmonic eccentricities that add sparkle to top-of-the-line acoustic guitars like the 512ce 12-fret.
Taylor 512ce 12-fret Urban Red Ironbark Acoustic-electric Guitar Features:
- Reimagined take on the 500 series built with red ironbark
- 12-fret neck joint offers a slightly more responsive sound that’s ideal for fingerstyle players
- Urban red ironbark back and sides offer a hearty, modern look with density and tone similar to rosewood or ebony
- Torrefied Sitka spruce top delivers powerful projection and articulate attack, roasted to match to red ironbark’s look
- Grand Concert 12-fret body shape pairs a comfortable playing experience with a silky string feel and minimal overtones
- Venetian cutaway ensures plenty of upper-fret access
- Strong mahogany neck with a satin finish and comfortable Taylor neck carve
- Smooth ebony fingerboard with new 500 series “Aerial” inlays and ebony binding
- Sculpted bridge and pins made from micarta and African ebony enhance string resonance and intonation
- Taylor tuning machines for rock-solid tuning stability
- String Type:Steel
- Number of Strings:6
- Body Shape:Grand Concert
- Top Wood:Torrefied Sitka Spruce
- Body Bracing:V-Class
- Binding:Black and Maple
- Neck Wood:Mahogany
- Neck Shape:Standard Carve
- Fingerboard Material:Crelicam Ebony
- Fingerboard Inlay:Faux Pearl Aerials
- Number of Frets:20
- Scale Length:24.875″
- Nut/Saddle Material:Black Tusq/Micarta
- Bridge Material:Crelicam Ebony
- Tuning Machines:Taylor Nickel
- Electronics:Taylor ES-2