A New Chapter in Taylor’s Urban Species Series
Fresh from Taylor’s stunning Urban Species series, the Urban Red Ironbark Acoustic-electric Guitar 514ce stuns with back and sides made from red ironbark, a color-rich tonewood with similarities ebony and rosewood. This guitar marks the next step in Taylor’s Urban Species line made from sustainably sourced urban forestry that was otherwise destined for removal. This wood delivers rich, clear tone augmented by a powerful torrefied Sitka spruce top and sculpted to perfection by Taylor’s acclaimed Grand Auditorium body shape. Complete with a Florentine cutaway, a bound ebony fingerboard, a comfortable mahogany neck, and gig-ready ES2 electronics, the Urban Red Ironbark 514ce from Sweetwater offers innovative modern looks with classic Taylor features and performance.
Captivating red ironbark construction
Red ironbark back and sides offer rich looks and even richer tone. Natural reddish hues show off lots of wood grain and looks great under stage lights, while the wood itself shares the dense but resonant characteristics of fine cuts of rosewood and ebony. Expect crisp definition with broad response and dramatic sustain. The richness of ironbark is sweetened and enhanced with a torrefied Sitka spruce top, roasted to match the body. Sitka spruce adds excellent volume and projection for seasoned tone and the sparkling resonance that Taylor enthusiasts have come to expect.
Grand Auditorium power and presence
The Grand Auditorium body style is what first helped cement Taylor’s standing among the ranks of guitar-making royalty. This body shape employs the width and depth of a dreadnought but with a narrower waist, which gives Grand Auditorium guitars a sleeker look and added treble punch. Grand Auditorium body contours make your guitar incredibly comfortable to play, whether sitting down or standing up. Plus, the 514ce’s Grand Auditorium body style focuses and sharpens the definition of each note for incredible sound quality anytime, anywhere.
V-class bracing: a sonic innovation
Bracing supports each acoustic guitar’s interior, and, though it’s almost invisible, bracing shapes guitar acoustics in a big way! X-shape bracing was standard on acoustics for over a century, but Taylor’s revolutionary V-bracing is able to tease more volume and sustain out of a guitar’s sound chamber. V-bracing allows wooden acoustic tops to vibrate with more richness, projection, and sustain, with more space inside the sound chamber for note maturation. And if that wasn’t enough, this groundbreaking innovation also improves intonation and adds more overtones — those subtle harmonic eccentricities that add sparkle to top-of-the-line acoustic guitars like the 514ce.
Taylor Expression System 2 electronics
Need to plug in? Then you’re going to love the Taylor Expression System 2 (ES2) electronics built into the 514ce! The ES2 system features a revolutionary segmented pickup located behind the bridge saddle; this pickup position delivers remarkably accurate and clear sound production that’s authentic to your playing. Each ES2 system features a handy master volume knob for fast level adjustments as well as a 2-band EQ for independent treble/bass adjustments to dial in the sound you need. Plus, the ES2 system also has a built-in phase switch that offers essential feedback suppression whenever the system is active.
Taylor 514ce Urban Red Ironbark Acoustic-electric Guitar Features:
- Reimagined take on the 500 series built with red ironbark
- Urban red ironbark back and sides offer a hearty, modern look with density and tone similar to rosewood or ebony
- Torrefied Sitka spruce top delivers powerful projection and articulate attack, roasted to match to red ironbark’s look
- Grand Auditorium body shape pairs warm articulation with a comfortable playing experience
- Florentine cutaway ensures plenty of upper-fret access
- Strong mahogany neck with a satin finish and comfortable Taylor neck carve
- Smooth ebony fingerboard with new 500-series “Aerial” inlays and ebony binding
- Sculpted bridge and pins made from micarta and African ebony enhance string resonance and intonation
- Taylor tuning machines for rock-solid tuning stability
- String Type:Steel
- Number of Strings:6
- Body Shape:Grand Auditorium
- Top Wood:Torrefied Sitka Spruce
- Back & Sides Wood:Red Ironbark
- Body Bracing:V-Class
- Binding:Black and Maple
- Neck Wood:Mahogany
- Neck Shape:Standard Carve
- Fingerboard Material:West African Crelicam Ebony
- Fingerboard Inlay:500-series Aerials
- Number of Frets:20
- Scale Length:25.5″
- Tuning Machines:Taylor Nickel
- Bridge Material:Crelicam Ebony
- Nut/Saddle Material:Black Tusq/Micarta
- Nut Width:1.75″