Hi there! This is the House of Guitars speaking. Thank you for checking out our Reverb page. We just want to give you a few points as to why you should go with the H.O.G.!
- We are a family business that have been running strong since 1964 and work with pride and passion
- Every listing (UNLESS STATED OTHERWISE) goes through a photoshoot to highlight the uniqueness of every instrument
- All guitars go through an inspection and set-up with our professional in-store luthiers to make sure they are in top shape before shipment
- Every package we ship comes extra packed to ensure the absolute safest travel from our store to your hands
- All shipments go out ASAP. Our first priority upon seeing a purchase is getting it out, so expect to see your tracking number the next business day if purchased after 4pm or even the day of if purchased in the morning. Shipments do not get picked up on weekends so if purchased over weekend expect to see it going out Monday
- All of our workers here have a love for music and either are professional, seasoned musicians, or have a degree within the music field, so please give us a call or shoot us a message!
Check out our social media pages to stay in the loop as well to see our old commercials, rock-star visits, and cool new arrivals!
So come on down to our house, the House of Guitars, because we will sell you EVERYTHIIIING!!!
6-string Acoustic-electric Guitar with Torrefied Sitka Spruce Top, Figured Bigleaf Maple Back and Sides, Maple Neck, and Ebony Fingerboard – Wild Honey Burst
Taylor’s Builder’s Edition 614ce with V-Class Bracing
Combining premium aesthetics and ergonomics with tone-enhancing details, Builder’s Edition instruments represent the pinnacle of Taylor craftsmanship. The Builder’s Edition 614ce Grand Auditorium acoustic-electric guitar features revolutionary V-Class bracing, which boosts volume evenly across the tonal spectrum, increases sustain, and improves the natural intonation of the instrument by creating a more synergistic response from the soundboard. This fosters a more harmonious relationship between the notes you play, helping chords to ring out in cohesive splendor.
This guitar boasts spectacular tonewoods: figured bigleaf maple for its sides and gorgeously bookmatched back, torrefied Sitka spruce for the top, and West African ebony for the fingerboard. This combination results in a sound that’s ultra-responsive to your touch, enhancing maple’s natural transparent brightness with warmth, richness, and dimension. Premium Builder’s Edition features include a beveled ebony armrest for enhanced picking and strumming comfort, along with 21:1 Gotoh 510 tuners for precise tuning. While you delight in its beautiful tone, your eyes will savor the Builder’s Edition 614ce’s tasteful appointments, which include ebony binding and elegant mother-of-pearl Scepter fingerboard/headstock inlays.
V-Class bracing: a sonic revelation
Bracing is the internal framework of an acoustic guitar that helps shape its sound. Although X-bracing has been standard in acoustic guitars for over a century, it creates an innate conflict between two key elements of a guitar’s sound: volume and sustain. The guitar’s top (its soundboard) contributes to both. The flexibility of the top generates volume (projection), while its stiffness generates sustain. And with X-braced guitar tops, here’s where the trade-off comes in: when something is made stiffer, its flexibility is reduced (and vice versa).
V-Class bracing changes all that. With Taylor’s V-Class bracing, an acoustic guitar top can be both stiff and flexible — for more volume and sustain. V-Class bracing provides stiffness parallel to the strings for more rigidity and hence sustain. Flexibility on either side generates the air movement necessary for robust projection. It’s the best of both worlds. This groundbreaking innovation also improves intonation, not only producing notes that are louder and have longer sustain, but are also more in tune with each other. Guitarists are gobsmacked. But don’t take our word for it — pick up the superb Taylor 614ce Builder’s Edition and experience it for yourself!
Grand Auditorium body style delivers exceptional presence
Taylor’s beloved Grand Auditorium body style, featured on the 614ce, employs the width and depth of a dreadnought. But its waist is narrower, which gives Grand Auditorium–bodied acoustic guitars a sleeker look with more treble zing. The 614ce’s Grand Auditorium body style also helps to sharpen the definition of each note, balancing out nicely with the excellent projection of its Sitka spruce top. Taylor uses their Silent Satin finish on the top, back, and sides to reduce contact noise for a cleaner overall sound.
An inspired tonewood combination
Although maple has traditionally been associated with brightness in acoustic guitars, Taylor takes a different approach with the tonewood — voicing their maple guitars to coax out the hidden complexity, warmth, and sustain. This expands maple’s tonal range from a one-dimensional sound to a highly musical voice that’s eminently more versatile — and highly reflective of your playing technique. As a top tonewood, Sitka spruce offers a combination of strength and elasticity that delivers a broad dynamic range with crisp articulation that’s ideal for a wide range of playing styles. Taylor’s proprietary roasting process minimizes the Sitka’s natural damping effect to help deliver a more “played-in” tone.
Cutting-edge Taylor Expression System 2 electronics
If you play plugged in, then you’re going to love the Taylor Expression System 2 (ES2) electronics built into your 614ce. The key to this fantastic system is the 3-section proprietary pickup located behind the saddle. Because of where it’s positioned and how it’s integrated into the 614ce’s saddle, the ES2 pickup provides you with remarkably clear and accurate sound. In addition to a master volume control, a pair of tone controls lets you tweak your highs and lows to get the sound you need, and a discrete phase switch offers vital onboard feedback suppression.
Taylor 614ce Builder’s Edition Acoustic-electric Guitar Features:
- Sitka spruce top; figured bigleaf maple back and sides
- Bracing: V-Class with Relief Rout
- Compound cutaway
- West African ebony binding
- Beveled ebony armrest
- Paua rosette with koa and ebony purfling
- Hard rock maple neck with satin finish
- West African ebony fingerboard and binding
- Scepter mother-of-pearl fingerboard inlay
- Headstock: West African ebony overlay, Scepter inlay
- Black graphite nut, Micarta saddle
- Truss rod cover: West African ebony
- Scale length: 25.5″
- West African ebony bridge pins
- Gotoh gold 510 tuning machines with 21:1 gear ratio
- Taylor Expression System 2 electronics
- Silent Satin top, back, and side finish
- String Type:Steel
- Number of Strings:6
- Body Shape:Grand Auditorium
- Color:Wild Honey Burst
- Top Wood:Torrefied Sitka Spruce
- Back & Sides Wood:Maple with Ebony Armrest
- Body Bracing:V-Class with Relief Rout
- Binding:West African Ebony
- Neck Wood:Hard Rock Maple
- Fingerboard Material:West African Ebony
- Fingerboard Inlay:Mother-of-pearl Scepter
- Number of Frets:20
- Scale Length:25.5″
- Tuning Machines:Gold Gotoh 510, 21:1 ratio
- Bridge Material:Ebony
- Nut/Saddle Material:Black Graphite/Micarta
- Nut Width:1.75″