6-string Acoustic-electric Guitar with Spruce Top, Rosewood Back and Sides, and Ebony Fingerboard – Natural
Legendary Acoustic-electric from Taylor
The Taylor 914ce is one of those acoustics that guitar enthusiasts talk about with passion and excitement. Its craftsmanship, design, and detailed appointments have made it one of Taylor’s most popular models — and for good reason. The 914ce features Indian rosewood back and sides with a solid Sitka spruce top for a full, expressive tonal signature that has to be experienced to be believed. A tropical mahogany neck with West African ebony fingerboard offers impeccable feel and response for both flatpicking and fingerpicking, making it ideal for a variety of genres. Detailed, high-end appointments on the 914ce include a West African ebony bridge, Micarta saddle, black graphite nut, and V-Class bracing — all of which add to the mind-blowing resonance and tonal enrichment of this amazing instrument. When you are ready to plug in, the 914ce features Taylor’s Expression System 2 electronics for outstanding amplified acoustic tone. And to maximize comfort, the 914ce now features a radius armrest, offering a subtle contour that feels great whether you are sitting or standing during play.
V-Class bracing for next-level volume and sustain
Bracing is the internal framework of an acoustic guitar that helps shape its sound. With Taylor’s V-Class bracing, an acoustic guitar top can be both stiff and flexible — for more volume and sustain. V-Class bracing provides stiffness parallel to the strings for more rigidity and, hence, sustain. Flexibility on either side generates the air movement necessary for robust projection. It’s the best of both worlds. This groundbreaking innovation also improves intonation — not only producing notes that are louder and have longer sustain, but are also more in tune with each other. Guitarists have been blown away with the enhanced volume and sustain that this system delivers.
Cutting-edge Taylor Expression System 2 electronics
The Taylor Expression System 2 (ES2) built into the 914ce is a true standout in the field. Central to the ES2 are the three uniquely positioned and individually calibrated pickup sensors, which work together to capture the most accurate, cleanest acoustic tone possible. In addition, a custom-designed preamp works in tandem with these sensors to further enhance the 914ce’s natural tone. The ES2 is a favorite system among guitarists here at.
Taylor 914ce Acoustic-electric Features:
- Impeccably designed acoustic-electric with detailed, high-end appointments
- Indian rosewood back and sides with a solid Sitka spruce top for a full, expressive tonal signature
- Taylor Expression System 2 delivers standout, true amplified acoustic tone
- Tropical mahogany neck with West African ebony fingerboard offers impeccable feel and response
- African ebony bridge, Micarta saddle, and black graphite nut enhance sustain and tone
- V-Class bracing supports sustain and robust volume and improved intonation
Back to navigationTech Specs
- String Type:Steel
- Number of Strings:6
- Body Shape:Grand Auditorium
- Top Wood:Sitka Spruce
- Back & Sides Wood:Indian Rosewood
- Body Bracing:V-Class
- Neck Wood:Tropical Mahogany
- Neck Shape:Slim
- Fingerboard Material:West African Ebony
- Fingerboard Inlay:Ascension
- Number of Frets:20
- Scale Length:25.5″
- Tuning Machines:Gotoh
- Bridge Material:West African Ebony
- Nut/Saddle Material:Graphite/Micarta
- Nut Width:1.75″
There are no reviews yet.