All-koa Grand Auditorium from Taylor
Taylor has produced some of the world’s most well-respected acoustic guitars since their founding in 1974. The K24ce is a member of Taylor’s Builder’s Edition collection of acoustics that are handcrafted to enhance your playing experience. Equipped with a completely beveled body, contoured armrest, and contoured cutaway, this guitar plays like a dream. Here we especially like the Silent Satin finish that eliminates noise from your strumming arm and noise from your palm on the neck. It sounds great, too. The K24ce’s koa body creates bright tones that shimmer throughout the room. All in all, the K24ce is a playable, comfortable guitar that looks as good as it sounds.
Built to please the eyes and ears
The entire body of the K24ce is made from koa. This stunning tropical wood grows only in Hawaii and produces a bright and lively tone. With age, koa begins to mellow and loosen up to produce a rich, nuanced tone with an expanded midrange. The body is joined to a tropical mahogany neck with an ebony fingerboard to produce a little extra definition to the attack. The body has a beveled cutaway and armrest to help soften impact points and increase playing comfort during long sessions. This guitar looks the part with its show-stopping koa top, Spring Vine inlay, and gold tuning machines.
Grand Auditorium body with V-Class bracing
The K24ce has Taylor’s popular Grand Auditorium body with a V-Class top bracing pattern. The Grand Auditorium body shape is known to produce a full bass response and clear highs that players of all styles love. With the addition of Taylor’s revolutionary V-Class bracing, the bass and treble frequencies become noticeably more balanced. V-Class bracing helps to order the vibrations of the top to produce notes that are more resonant and have better intonation. To play a V-Class-braced guitar is to experience a wholly different playing experience.
ES2 electronics produce a rich tone
This K24ce is loaded with Taylor’s innovative Expression System 2 (ES2) pickup system. Instead of the traditional under-saddle pickup, Taylor moved the pickup slightly behind the saddle to better capture the vibrations of the top and bridge together. By relocating the pickup, guitars with ES2 electronics sound much more natural and full than other acoustic-electrics on the market. To shape the sound to your liking, the K24ce has master Volume, Bass, and Treble controls on the upper shoulder.
Taylor Builder’s Edition K24ce Acoustic-electric Guitar Features:
- All-koa body construction looks great and produces a bright and lively tone
- V-Class top bracing enhances intonation and volume
- ES2 electronics reproduce a richer sound than other acoustic pickups
- Beveled cutaway and armrest increase playing comfort
- Ebony fingerboard adds extra snap and brightness
- Silent Satin finish eliminates unwanted noise from movements against the body
- Spring Vine fingerboard inlay adds extra flair
- Included hardshell case keeps your Taylor safe from damage during storage and transport
- String Type:Steel
- Number of Strings:6
- Body Shape:Grand Auditorium
- Color:Kona Burst
- Top Wood:Koa
- Back & Sides Wood:Koa
- Body Bracing:V-Class
- Neck Wood:Tropical Mahogany
- Fingerboard Material:West African Ebony
- Fingerboard Inlay:Spring Vine
- Number of Frets:20
- Scale Length:25.5″
- Tuning Machines:Gotoh
- Bridge Material:West African Ebony
- Nut/Saddle Material:Black Graphite/Micarta
- Nut Width:1.75″