- Weight: 7.78lbs
Hi there! This is the House of Guitars speaking. Thank you for checking out our Reverb page. We just want to give you a few points as to why you should go with the H.O.G.!
- We are a family business that have been running strong since 1964 and work with pride and passion
- Every listing (UNLESS STATED OTHERWISE) goes through a photoshoot to highlight the uniqueness of every instrument
- All guitars go through an inspection and set-up with our professional in-store luthiers to make sure they are in top shape before shipment
- Every package we ship comes extra packed to ensure the absolute safest travel from our store to your hands
- All shipments go out ASAP. Our first priority upon seeing a purchase is getting it out, so expect to see your tracking number the next business day if purchased after 4pm or even the day of if purchased in the morning. Shipments do not get picked up on weekends so if purchased over weekend expect to see it going out Monday
- All of our workers here have a love for music and either are professional, seasoned musicians, or have a degree within the music field, so please give us a call or shoot us a message!
Check out our social media pages to stay in the loop as well to see our old commercials, rock-star visits, and cool new arrivals!
So come on down to our house, the House of Guitars, because we will sell you EVERYTHIIIING!!!
Left-handed Solidbody Electric Guitar with Mahogany Body, Maple Top, Carbon-reinforced Mahogany Neck, Rosewood Fingerboard, and 2 Humbucking Pickups – Swift Blue
Raising the Revstar Standard
Yamaha’s Revstar Standard RSS20 is an update of the original Revstar series of guitars, refined to offer improved comfort and even more striking visuals! This maple-topped double-cut’s lightweight chambered mahogany body is loaded with two Yamaha VH5 pickups that deliver bright and punchy tones that excel in almost any sonic application. The neck is comprised of carbon-reinforced mahogany so that it will stay straight and true in even the most challenging of environments. What’s more, Yamaha has equipped this Revstar with their proprietary “focus” switch that shifts your tone’s resonant frequency and supercharges your pickup’s power. If you’re looking for a high-performance, no-nonsense axe with explosive tones, rock-solid playability, and sleek modern aesthetics, the RSS20 sets the standard.
Comfortably curved Revstar body
The Revstar’s curvy lines and classic aesthetics are said to be inspired by the utilitarian British Café racer motorbikes found in 1960s-era London, adding a tough no-frills attitude to these sleek guitars. The unique double-cut chambered body was developed using Yamaha’s Acoustic Design process to optimize the Revstar’s balance, deliver a resonant tone, and reduce weight. One strum of the RSS20 is all it takes to see how Yamaha’s research paid off: the Revstar’s body is a supremely comfortable design that showcases Yamaha’s steadfast dedication to musical innovation!
Yamaha VH5 humbucking pickups for an articulate, powerful, and well-balanced tone
Yamaha spent a lot of time fine-tuning the pickups in the Revstar series — they tested over 50 prototypes before settling on the perfect combination of wire, windings, magnets, and baseplates for each guitar model in the series. The VH5 humbuckers in the RSS20 Revstar employ Alnico V magnets, a silver baseplate, and heavy formvar wire. This gives the RSS20 a bright and powerful sound that blends the richness and character of vintage electronics with the intensity and clarity of modern electronics.
Bring your sound into focus
Yamaha’s Revstar line already introduced their clarity-boosting “Dry” switch, and the RSS20 offers another distinct tonal feature to stand out from the crowd: the “Focus” switch. This dual-purpose push-pull switch adjusts the resonant frequency of your guitar’s tone and kicks up the power. When testing it out we found that it’s an incredibly versatile feature that’s just as good at achieving “rolled off” jazz tones as it is for boosting your amp into overdrive territory.
Yamaha Revstar Standard RSS20 Electric Guitar Features:
- Ultra-comfortable and lightweight chambered mahogany body with a maple top
- 3-piece carbon-reinforced mahogany set neck with double-cutaway offers incredible upper fret access
- Yamaha VH5 humbucking pickups produce a rich and bright tone that excels in almost any sonic application
- “Focus” switch shifts your tone’s resonant frequency and amps up your power
- Jumbo stainless steel frets are highly resistant to wear
- Highly playable 12-inch fingerboard radius
- Rock-solid Tune-o-matic bridge and stopbar tailpiece
- Number of Strings6
- Body TypeSolidbody, chambered
- Body ShapeRevstar Standard
- Body MaterialMahogany
- Top MaterialMaple
- Body FinishGloss Polyurethane
- ColorSwift Blue
- Neck MaterialMahogany
- Neck ShapeRevstar
- Neck JointSet Neck
- Fingerboard MaterialRosewood
- Fingerboard InlayPearloid Lines
- Number of Frets22, Jumbo Stainless Steel
- Scale Length24.75″
- Nut Width1.649″
- Nut MaterialPPS
- Bridge/TailpieceTune-O-Matic Bridge with Stopbar Tailpiece
- Neck PickupVH5n Alnico V Humbucker
- Bridge PickupVH5bAlnico V Humbucker
- Controls1 x master volume, 1 x master tone (push/pull focus switch)
- Switching5-way blade pickup switch