Hi there! This is the House of Guitars speaking. Thank you for checking out our Reverb page. We just want to give you a few points as to why you should go with the H.O.G.!
- We are a family business that have been running strong since 1964 and work with pride and passion
- Every listing (UNLESS STATED OTHERWISE) goes through a photoshoot to highlight the uniqueness of every instrument
- All guitars go through an inspection and set-up with our professional in-store luthiers to make sure they are in top shape before shipment
- Every package we ship comes extra packed to ensure the absolute safest travel from our store to your hands
- All shipments go out ASAP. Our first priority upon seeing a purchase is getting it out, so expect to see your tracking number the next business day if purchased after 4pm or even the day of if purchased in the morning. Shipments do not get picked up on weekends so if purchased over weekend expect to see it going out Monday
- All of our workers here have a love for music and either are professional, seasoned musicians, or have a degree within the music field, so please give us a call or shoot us a message!
Check out our social media pages to stay in the loop as well to see our old commercials, rock-star visits, and cool new arrivals!
So come on down to our house, the House of Guitars, because we will sell you EVERYTHIIIING!!!
Solidbody Electric Guitar with Plywood Body, Hardboard Top and Back, Maple Neck, Pau Ferro Fingerboard, and 2 NOS+ Single-coil Pickups – Black Metal Flake
Meet the Danelectro’s Dark Side
Double horns, composite body, and lipstick-style pickups: there’s simply no mistaking a Danelectro! However, if you’re looking for a modern spin on Dano’s classic retro futuristic formula, the dark, moody aesthetics of the Danelectro Blackout ’59 are sure to please. While the looks might be a bit of a departure from a vintage-style ’59, this guitar’s sound is pure Danelectro — a pair of chime-filled NOS+ lipstick pickups produce clear, bell-like cleans with a raunchy overdriven tone that’s perfect for filthy blues and trashy garage rock. Beyond that, the 1-piece wraparound bridge is a vast improvement over the vintage-style Danelectro wooden bridge. And while the pau-ferro-on-maple neck’s dual-action truss rode also defies vintage-correct specs, it’s a welcome addition for guitarists who value a precise setup.
NOS+ lipstick pickups for definitive Danelectro tone
Based on the sonic character of their original NOS single-coil pickups, the NOS+ pickups in the Blackout ’59 guitar have been optimized for hotter output and livelier tone overall — punchier lows and mids, and highs with more clarity and bite. They sound particularly amazing for bluesy slide work and pair beautifully with an overdriven tube amplifier.
Construction updates for modern reliability
Like a great many vintage guitar designs, older Danos can sometimes fall victim to reliability issues. But you’ll be able to gig your Blackout ’59 without worry, thanks to modern updates that bring the guitar up to today’s high-quality standards. You’ll get great intonation up and down the neck with the intonation-adjustable wraparound bridge.And while the older Danelectros often lacked a truss rod, the Blackout ‘59’s dual-action adjustable truss ensures that your neck stays straight and plays true.
Instantly identifiable Dano looks and sound
From the vintage era to the modern day, no other guitar looks — or sounds — like a Danelectro! The Blackout ’59 retains the retro-futuristic spirit of its predecessors, but with a few adjustments thrown in for a darker, more elegant look. Each guitar in the Blackout series sports a pitch-black pickguard, in defiance of classic white plastic dolphin guard, with a set of fresh finishes that embrace the Dano’s darker side. But fear not vintage fanatics! Under the hood, the feel and tone of a Blackout ’59 is pure old-school Danelectro.
Danelectro Blackout ’59 Electric Guitar Features:
- Elegant “Blackout” aesthetics for an updated take on classic Danelectro looks
- Plywood semi-hollow design true to the vintage originals
- Maple neck in a highly playable “C” shape
- Dual NOS+ pickups are loaded with vintage-style Dano sparkle, chime, and grit
- Sleek pau ferro fingerboard in a 14-inch radius
- Aluminum nut for enhanced reliability and a twangy tone
- Dual-action truss rod allows you to precisely dial in your preferred neck relief
- Fully adjustable 1-piece wraparound tailpiece offers exact intonation adjustment
- Double cutaways provide exceptional upper-fret access
- Number of Strings6
- Body TypeSemi-hollowbody, Chambered
- Body ShapeBO59
- Body MaterialPlywood Frame / Core
- Top MaterialHardboard
- Body FinishPolyester
- ColorBlack Metal Flake
- Neck MaterialMaple
- Neck ShapeC
- Neck JointBolt-on
- Fingerboard MaterialPau Ferro
- Fingerboard InlayDots
- Number of Frets21
- Scale Length25″
- Nut Width1.650″
- Nut MaterialAluminum
- Bridge/TailpieceAdjustable Wraparound
- TunersDie-cast Chrome
- Neck PickupNOS+ Lipstick Single-coil
- Bridge PickupNOS+ Lipstick Single-coil
- Controls2 x stacked volume, 2 x stacked tone
- Switching3-way toggle pickup switch