The Player Plus Series: an Improved Jazz Bass
First introduced in 1960, the Fender Jazz Bass has withstood the test of time to become one of the most played and recorded instruments here — not to mention modern music history! The Fender Player Plus Series Active Jazz Bass celebrates this heritage with upgrades that working musicians will appreciate. With its offset alder body and fast-action maple neck, this J Bass is incredibly comfortable to play and lets you pull off extremely tight runs and grooves with ease. It also delivers the legendary J Bass punch and growl, courtesy of two Player Plus Noiseless Jazz Bass pickups. Get your groove on with the Fender Player Plus Series Active Jazz Bass.
Vintage vibe, modern edge
For their new Player Plus Series basses, Fender went back to the drawing board with updated radii for more historically accurate body shapes, new vintage-inspired finishes, and a classic logo that harkens back to the Fenders of yesteryear. But these smooth-playing instruments also look to the future with new Player Plus Noiseless Jazz Bass pickups that crank out legendary Fender tone by the boatload. There’s never been a better time to get into a genuine Fender bass. And with a 3-band active EQ and a toggle switch for active and passive modes, you’ll be laying down sweet grooves with the touch of a modern classic.
The timeless J Bass sound
Whether you play rock or country, funk or blues, or (naturally) jazz, the Player Plus Series Active Jazz Bass will deliver the tone you need. This J Bass comes loaded with a pair of Fender-designed Player Plus Noiseless Jazz Bass pickups that deliver the classic J Bass sound with improved clarity. And with the Player Plus Series’s master volume, pan pot, and active/passive toggle, you’ll be able to dial in the exact sound you want.
Shaped for comfort and performance
One of the things that made the J Bass an instant hit with working bass players was its unique offset-waist body shape. Perfect whether playing standing or seated, the classic Jazz Bass contoured body will make those marathon gigs and sessions much more comfortable. With its modern “C”-profile maple neck and 12-inch-radius fingerboard, this instrument not only facilitates the fluid execution of fast, complex bass lines; it’s also perfect for any musical style — which is why you hear the Fender Jazz Bass in every genre of music.
Join the ranks of Jazz Bass players
Pick up this Player Plus Series Jazz Bass and you’re entering the company of some of the greatest bass players of all time. World-renowned bassists such as Jaco Pastorius, Geddy Lee, Marcus Miller, Larry Graham, John Paul Jones, and Victor Bailey have all chosen the J Bass as their go-to axe. If you’re hooked on the iconic round and punchy, growling J Bass sound — but need the low B that’s often required for contemporary music — you’re on the right page. Pick up the Fender Player Plus Series Jazz Bass and drive your music with legendary tone.
Fender Player Plus Series Active Jazz Bass Features:
- The classic J Bass, with Player Plus Series upgrades
- Alder body with offset waist for enhanced comfort whether playing seated or standing
- Modern “C”-profile maple neck; 12-inch-radius fingerboard
- 2 Player Plus Series Noiseless Jazz Bass pickups
- Master volume, pan pot, treble boost/cut, midrange boost/cut, bass boost/cut, and active/passive toggle
- 3-band active EQ
- Number of Strings:4
- Body Shape:Player Plus Jazz
- Body Material:Alder
- Body Finish:Gloss Polyester
- Color:Aged Candy Apple Red
- Neck Material:Maple
- Neck Shape:Modern C
- Neck Joint:Bolt-on
- Fingerboard Material:Maple
- Fingerboard Inlay:Black Dots
- Number of Frets:20, Medium Jumbo
- Scale Length:34″
- Nut Width:1.5″
- Nut Material:Synthetic Bone
- Bridge/Tailpiece:Fender HiMass with Chrome-plated Zinc Saddles
- Tuners:Standard Open Gear with Clover buttons
- Neck Pickup:Player Plus Noiseless Jazz Single-coil
- Bridge Pickup:Player Plus Noiseless Jazz Single-coil
- Controls:1 x master volume, 1 x pan, 3-band Active EQ
- Switching:1 x active/passive mini toggle