Gibson’s Acoustic Workhorse
Gibson’s J-45 is one of the best-known acoustic guitars out there. Dubbed “The Workhorse,” this round-shoulder dreadnought gives your music full, balanced expression, warm bass, and excellent projection. The J-45 Standard features all that rich tone, thanks to its solid Sitka spruce top and a solid mahogany body. And, for unbelievable onstage tone, it comes loaded with an LR Baggs VTC pickup system. Whether you’re a singer/songwriter or an onstage acoustic rocker, the J-45 Standard is for you.
Choice tonewoods for incredible tone
Known as “The Workhorse,” the Gibson J-45 body style is among Gibson’s most beloved. This particular workhorse features a superb blend of tonewoods, giving you rich, strong sound — day in, day out. The J-45 Standard features a solid Sitka spruce top for presence, while premium mahogany adorns its back and sides. Other touches include traditional hand-scalloped X-bracing, a compound dovetail neck joint, and multi-ply top and single-ply back body binding.
Eminently playable neck and fingerboard
The Gibson J-45 Standard’s fingerboard comprises high-grade rosewood, which is personally inspected and qualified by Gibson experts before it enters the Gibson factories. It’s a resilient and durable wood, making way for a balanced and stable fingerboard, and giving each chord and note enhanced clarity and bite. The dot inlays on the J-45 are made of genuine mother-of-pearl and are added to the fingerboard using a special Gibson process that eliminates gaps and doesn’t require fillers. What’s more, the J-45 Standard’s fingerboard boasts a rolled edge that’s lightly beveled, which enhances the instrument’s smooth playability.
Amazing sound onstage
The Gibson Acoustic J-45 Standard comes with LR Baggs’s popular VTC acoustic pickup system, a popular choice among acoustic guitarists. This system features a low-profile under-saddle transducer that enhances the coupling between the pickup and the guitar for a robust, lively, and natural acoustic sound with excellent dynamics and delicate high end. Combined with an onboard preamplifier with an unobtrusive and removable volume control, mounted just inside the soundhole, the VTC gives your J-45 Standard the amplification you need, with zero compromises for tone or convenience.
Gibson J-45 Standard Features:
- The classic acoustic workhorse
- Solid Sitka spruce top offers great projection and tone
- Solid mahogany back and sides offer warm, round sound
- LR Baggs VTC electronics transfer every nuance of your tone to your PA or amp
- Softened fingerboard edge adds increased playing comfort
Back to navigationTech Specs
- String Type:Steel
- Number of Strings:6
- Body Shape:Round Shoulder Dreadnought
- Color:Vintage Sunburst
- Finish:Gloss Nitrocellulose Lacquer
- Top Wood:Sitka Spruce
- Back & Sides Wood:Mahogany
- Body Bracing:Hand-scalloped X-bracing
- Binding:Multi-ply Top, Single-ply Back
- Neck Wood:Mahogany
- Neck Shape:Slim Taper
- Fingerboard Material:Rosewood
- Fingerboard Inlay:Mother-of-pearl Dots
- Number of Frets:20
- Scale Length:24.75″
- Tuning Machines:Grover Rotomatics with Kidney Buttons
- Bridge Material:Rosewood, Traditional Belly Up
- Nut/Saddle Material:Black Composite nut
- Nut Width:1.725″
- Electronics:LR Baggs VTC Under Saddle Pickup
There are no reviews yet.