A Vintage-style Les Paul with All the Trimmings
The Les Paul is a true classic — it’s remained relevant, played, and loved for more than six decades — and counting. The Gibson Les Paul Standard ’60s Faded epitomizes this timeless design. This vintage-style solidbody electric guitar features a resonant body of solid mahogany, which exhibits incredible warmth and sustain, along with an eye-grabbing AA flamed maple top, which adds snap and bite before you even plug in. And when you do plug into your favorite amplifier, you’ll experience legendary PAF-style sustain, crunch, and midrange, thanks to a set of ’60s BurstBucker pickups. What’s more, the Les Paul Standard ’60s Faded includes a hand-wired harness with Orange Drop capacitors for spot-on vintage tone. You’ll also appreciate the effortless playability of this Les Paul’s rosewood-capped SlimTaper neck. This electric guitar comes with a head-turning satin nitrocellulose finish, and it’s spec’d with a TUSQ nut, Grover tuning machines, and a hardshell case. Players searching for a sumptuous Les Paul playing experience will be blown away by the Les Paul Standard ’60s Faded.
’60s BurstBucker pickups deliver vintage PAF tone
When it comes to capturing vintage Patent Applied For (PAF) humbucker tone, the guitarists here really dig the sound of this Les Paul Standard’s ’60s BurstBucker pickups. These magnets — along with period-correct unmatched windings on the bobbins — capture the subtle historical variations in true humbucker tone. Plug into your favorite amp, and experience smooth low-end response, complex midrange crunch, and sweet-sounding highs. These pickups sound great clean or they can be used to push your amp into overdrive for the legendary fat, snarling tone you can only get with a humbucker. Under the hood, the control assembly is handwired with matched potentiometers and Orange Drop capacitors, ensuring that you’ll hear the mellifluous voice of your Les Paul Standard ’60s Faded in all its glory, even when you back down your volume.
SlimTaper neck and Plek’d frets for optimized playability
Comfort and playability were two of Gibson’s primary concerns when they were designing the Les Paul Standard ’60s Faded. You’ll be delighted by how this guitar’s SlimTaper neck profile comfortably fits your hand in just the right way. For your playing pleasure, the rosewood fingerboard is buffed to silky smoothness and bound with rolled edges so that no fret ends impede your dexterity. The frets are dressed to perfection using a Plek Pro machine for optimized playability. Typically reserved for top-dollar custom guitars, this process levels the frets with pinpoint precision, providing you with the most playable fretboard you’re likely to own.
Nitro finish for the look and feel of a classic
Gibson gave the Les Paul Standard ’60s Faded a gorgeous satin nitrocellulose lacquer finish. Nitro finishes — standard back in the day — are significantly thinner than today’s polyurethane finishes, allowing the guitar to “breathe.” Nitro finishes not only look amazing, but they also enhance the instrument’s tonal qualities. The Les Paul Standard ’60s Faded has the look and feel of a lovingly cared-for classic — one that will only improve with age.
Gibson Les Paul Standard ’60s Faded Electric Guitar Features:
- Resonant solid mahogany body exhibits incredible warmth and sustain
- Supremely eye-catching AA flamed maple top adds snap and bite to your acoustic tone
- Rosewood-capped SlimTaper neck supplies unbelievable playability
- ’60s BurstBucker pickups deliver legendary PAF-style sustain, crunch, and midrange
- Hand-wired harness with Orange Drop capacitors ensure spot-on vintage tone
- Head-turning satin nitrocellulose finish
- Spec’d with TUSQ nut, Grover tuning machines, and hardshell case
- Number of Strings6
- Body TypeSolidbody
- Body ShapeLes Paul
- Body MaterialMahogany
- Top MaterialMaple
- Body FinishSatin Nitrocellulose Lacquer
- ColorVintage Cherry Sunburst
- Neck MaterialMahogany
- Neck ShapeSlimTaper
- Neck JointSet Neck
- Fingerboard MaterialRosewood
- Fingerboard InlayAcrylic Trapezoids
- Number of Frets22, Medium Jumbo
- Scale Length24.75″
- Nut Width1.69″
- Nut MaterialTusq
- Bridge/TailpieceABR-1 Tune-O-Matic, Aluminum Stopbar
- TunersGrover Rotomatic, Kidney Buttons
- Neck Pickup’60s BurstBucker Humbucker
- Bridge Pickup’60s BurstBucker Humbucker
- Controls2 x volume, 2 x tone
- Switching3-way toggle pickup switch
There are no reviews yet.