Hi there! This is the House of Guitars speaking. Thank you for checking out our Reverb page. We just want to give you a few points as to why you should go with the H.O.G.!
- We are a family business that have been running strong since 1964 and work with pride and passion
- Every listing (UNLESS STATED OTHERWISE) goes through a photoshoot to highlight the uniqueness of every instrument
- All guitars go through an inspection and set-up with our professional in-store luthiers to make sure they are in top shape before shipment
- Every package we ship comes extra packed to ensure the absolute safest travel from our store to your hands
- All shipments go out ASAP. Our first priority upon seeing a purchase is getting it out, so expect to see your tracking number the next business day if purchased after 4pm or even the day of if purchased in the morning. Shipments do not get picked up on weekends so if purchased over weekend expect to see it going out Monday
- All of our workers here have a love for music and either are professional, seasoned musicians, or have a degree within the music field, so please give us a call or shoot us a message!
Check out our social media pages to stay in the loop as well to see our old commercials, rock-star visits, and cool new arrivals!
So come on down to our house, the House of Guitars, because we will sell you EVERYTHIIIING!!!
Savor the Exquisite Martin HD-35
The Martin HD-35 (2018) acoustic guitar’s brawny dreadnought shape and tried-and-true rosewood and spruce tonewood combination provide you with projection that’s nothing short of astonishing. To create the HD-35, Martin fused tonal elements of their pre-war herringbone D-28 with styling cues from their D-35. The result is a highly playable instrument with impeccable visuals and a powerful sonic personality enhanced by scalloped X-bracing. Complete with classic herringbone top inlay and unmistakable Style 35 3-piece back, the HD-35 is as irresistible to the eye as it is to the ear.
The best of both worlds
Martin’s early dreadnoughts set the standard for acoustic guitar tone. Of these dreadnoughts, the herringbone D-28 was probably the most famous and sought after. Aside from its distinctive herringbone trim, the D-28 featured scalloped X-bracing, which enhanced its volume and tone. Introduced in 1965, the D-35 was the first Martin to feature a 3-piece back. Borne out of ecological necessity due to declining rosewood supplies, the 3-piece back — the defining characteristic of Style 35 — became an instant hit due to its stunning appearance. What makes the HD-35 unique is that it features both the scalloped X-bracing of the D-28 and the 3-piece back of the D-35.
Quality materials deliver timeless tone
A quality acoustic guitar is all about the wood, and the Martin HD-35 serves up a classic tonewood cocktail with no compromises. The top is solid spruce for robust projection and crystalline note clarity. Its back and sides are made of solid East Indian rosewood, a classic Martin material. A select hardwood Modified Low Oval, High Performance Taper neck and bound ebony fingerboard give the Martin HD-35 a luxurious playing feel to match its mellifluous sonority. Ebony is also used for the bridge. Elegant, understated Style 35 appointments blend with classic herringbone inlaid top binding and mother-of-pearl fingerboard inlays make the 2018 HD-35 as irresistible to the eye as it is to the ear.
Plek’d to perfection
Premium Martin guitars like the HD-35 are Plek’d for fret consistency and smoothness. Plek Pro is a state-of-the-art, computer-guided process that scans, levels, and dresses your guitar’s frets to a microscopic level of accuracy for ideal action with no loss of sustain, minimized fret buzz, and no fretting out when bending strings, whether you’re playing low or high on the neck. The HD-35’s Plek’d frets ensure that every note in every position rings loud and clear with unblemished tone.
It’s a Martin…
Embracing the past, while looking to the future — it’s a tightrope act, but Martin has always been able to pull it off. That’s why they’ve consistently been a leader in acoustic guitar design, infusing their guitars with new materials, building techniques, and technologies — while producing fine instruments that age with grace to become highly sought-after, highly playable heirlooms.
Martin HD-35 (2018) Acoustic Guitar Features:
- Spruce top; forward-shifted, scalloped 1/4″ X-bracing
- 3-piece East Indian rosewood sides and back
- Zig-zag back purfling, multi-stripe inlay on the back and sides
- High-performance taper modified low oval neck; dovetail neck joint
- Bound ebony fingerboard with mother-of-pearl Style 28 inlays
- Plek’d frets for enhanced playability
- Antique white top binding with Bold Herringbone inlay
- Multi-stripe rosette; faux tortoise pickguard
- East Indian rosewood headplate with Script Old Style overlay logo
- 25.4″ scale length
- Bone nut, width: 1.75″
- Ebony modern belly-style bridge with drop-in compensated bone saddle
- Chrome enclosed-gear tuning machines
- Finish: gloss (top, back, and sides), satin (neck)
- String Type:Steel
- Number of Strings:6
- Body Shape:Dreadnought
- Color:Natural, Aging Toner
- Top Wood:Spruce
- Back & Sides Wood:East Indian Rosewood, 3-piece back
- Body Bracing:Scalloped Forward Shifted X-bracing
- Binding:Antique White
- Neck Wood:Select Hardwood
- Neck Shape:Modified Low Oval, High Performance Taper
- Fingerboard Material:Ebony, bound
- Fingerboard Inlay:Mother-of-pearl Style 28 Dots
- Number of Frets:20
- Scale Length:25.4″
- Tuning Machines:Chrome Enclosed Gear
- Bridge Material:Ebony
- Nut/Saddle Material:Bone/Bone
- Nut Width:1.75″