Hi there! This is the House of Guitars speaking. Thank you for checking out our Reverb page. We just want to give you a few points as to why you should go with the H.O.G.!
- We are a family business that have been running strong since 1964 and work with pride and passion
- Every listing (UNLESS STATED OTHERWISE) goes through a photoshoot to highlight the uniqueness of every instrument
- All guitars go through an inspection and set-up with our professional in-store luthiers to make sure they are in top shape before shipment
- Every package we ship comes extra packed to ensure the absolute safest travel from our store to your hands
- All shipments go out ASAP. Our first priority upon seeing a purchase is getting it out, so expect to see your tracking number the next business day if purchased after 4pm or even the day of if purchased in the morning. Shipments do not get picked up on weekends so if purchased over weekend expect to see it going out Monday
- All of our workers here have a love for music and either are professional, seasoned musicians, or have a degree within the music field, so please give us a call or shoot us a message!
Check out our social media pages to stay in the loop as well to see our old commercials, rock-star visits, and cool new arrivals!
So come on down to our house, the House of Guitars, because we will sell you EVERYTHIIIING!!!
6-string Acoustic Guitar with Spruce Top, Ash Back and Sides, Mahogany Neck, and Eucalyptus Fingerboard – Natural
You’ve Never Played an Acoustic Like This
A new addition to Taylor’s line up, the Grand Theater body shape provides a supremely comfortable playing experience. But this small-bodied acoustic sounds anything but small. It’s cutting-edge C-Class bracing pattern gives it a full and robust bass response and the power to punch well above its weight class. The GT gets its voice from a solid Sitka spruce top paired with solid Urban ash back and sides. Reclaimed from Southern California’s bustling metropolis, Urban Ash delivers a sweet tone that’s reminiscent of mahogany. As much as your ears will like the sound of the guitar, your fingers will delight at the 24-1/8-inch scale length. The lower string tension makes the strings feel light and pliable, which is perfect for fingerstyle, cowboy chords, and the occasional solo. Packing heavyweight power into a lightweight and comfortable body, the Taylor GT is sure to impress you with its sound and feel.
Meet the Grand Theater
The GT debuts Taylor’s newest body shape: the Grand Theater. Sized between the uber-comfortable GS Mini and Taylor’s classic Grand Concert body style, the Grand Theater offers the perfect blend of power and comfort. It’s capable of a full-sized guitar’s acoustic performance with the comfortable playability of a travel-sized guitar. It has a 24-1/8-inch scale length that gives the strings a softened feel akin to playing down-tuned with a capo on the first fret. You’ll love the feel of the body and the sprightly playing experience. Whether it becomes your go-to stage companion, studio workhorse, or favorite daily driver, the GT is ready for a lifetime of playing.
C-Class bracing coaxes a big sound out of a small body
If you ask Taylor Master Builder Andy Powers, a guitar is only as good as its bracing pattern. And with the limited size of the GT, a new bracing pattern is required to help it reach its full sonic potential. This small guitar introduces C-Class bracing, a proprietary bracing pattern developed to bring out a surprisingly robust bass response despite its size. C-Class bracing uses an asymmetrical, cantilevered design that strikes the perfect balance between stiffness and flexibility. Like Taylor’s groundbreaking V-Class architecture, the GT’s C-Class bracing increases sustain, improves volume, enhances projection, and sharpens intonation. When you hear it for the first time, you won’t believe that a guitar this small can sound so big.
Urban Ash makes its return
One of the most recent tonewoods to be added to the Taylor lineup, Urban Ash debuted on the 324ce Builder’s Edition in early 2020. Making its return, this tonewood comes from Shamel ash trees growing in urban areas of Southern California. They grow extremely quickly, reaching heights of more than 40 feet in just 20 years, making Urban Ash readily available and more renewable than just about any other hardwood. Plus, Taylor told guitar players that Urban Ash shares many tonal properties with Honduran mahogany. It’s highly resonant, charming in the midrange, and has an exceptionally clear top end. One thing’s for sure: Your new Taylor GT’s Urban Ash back and sides will provide you with a lush tone you’ll hear each time you strum it.
Taylor GT Urban Ash Acoustic Guitar Features:
- A small-bodied acoustic made with sustainable materials
- Grand Theater body shape is inviting and comfortable
- C-Class bracing facilitates a strong bass response while increasing sustain
- Urban Ash back and sides produce a cheery tone with mahogany-like warmth
- Sitka spruce top enhances note articulation
- Eucalyptus fingerboard provides the snappiness of ebony in an eco-friendly package
- Condensed scale length softens string feel for an agile performance