Classical Guitar for the Modern Player
Yamaha’s NCX1 nylon-string guitar brings traditional craftsmanship into the modern era, with a familiar feel and touchstone appointments with cutting edge design elements. The NCX1 has an elegant, single-cutaway body shape that extends access to the upper frets, along with a flat radius walnut fingerboard with generous 11.8mm string-spacing. Overflowing with character, the NCX1 will appeal to nylon-string players of every level and impresses with a warm and resonant sound with ample projection. For performances where amplification is necessary, the NCX1 is equipped with an undersaddle preamp, 3-band EQ, and built-in tuner.
Familiar Feel and Modern Performance
Yamaha’s NCX1 pairs a sharp, single-cutaway design with a traditional neck profile and width and standard classical guitar body depth for a familiar feel that appeals to players experienced with nylon guitars. The flat radius walnut fingerboard is a wide and comfortable canvas for painting musical lines in bright and woody hues. The Yamaha NCX1 has a deeply resonant character with plenty of natural projection, and its solid Sitka spruce soundboard contributes bright, snappy top end.
Updated, optimized bracing system
Yamaha’s team of designers and luthiers delved deeply into the science and art of bracing design when developing the NX Series of classical guitars. Through thoughtful experimentation and precise measurement, they identified opportunities to refine the NX bracing system, enhancing the low-end resonance of the instrument and drawing out more of the natural character of the selected tonewoods and qualities inherent to specific body shapes.
Premium Onboard Electronics
Your NTX1 is ready to plug in and play out. Its undersaddle pickup is powered by an advanced Yamaha preamp system, with onboard 3-band EQ to let you sculpt your sound from the stage. The NTX1 also features an onboard tuner, so you can leave your pedals at home.
Yamaha NCX1C Nylon-string Guitar Features:
- Modern nylon-string guitar with a timeless feel
- Single-cutaway body shape expands access to the upper frets
- Traditional neck profile and width, and standard classical guitar depth
- Flat radius walnut fingerboard
- Sitka spruce top is bright and snappy
- Optimized bracing system enhances low-end response and draws out the natural sonic characteristics of the tonewoods
- Natural gloss finish and circular rosette
- String Type:Nylon
- Number of Strings:6
- Body Shape:Yamaha CG
- Top Wood:Solid Sitka Spruce
- Back & Sides Wood:Select Hardwood
- Neck Wood:Nato
- Fingerboard Material:Walnut
- Number of Frets:19
- Scale Length:25.5″
- Tuning Machines:Chrome with Matte Black Shaft
- Bridge Material:Ebony/Walnut
- Nut/Saddle Material:Urea/Urea
- Nut Width:2.0″
- Electronics:3-band EQ Preamp with Undersaddle Pickup