Hi there! This is the House of Guitars speaking. Thank you for checking out our Reverb page. We just want to give you a few points as to why you should go with the H.O.G.!
- We are a family business that have been running strong since 1964 and work with pride and passion
- Every listing (UNLESS STATED OTHERWISE) goes through a photoshoot to highlight the uniqueness of every instrument
- All guitars go through an inspection and set-up with our professional in-store luthiers to make sure they are in top shape before shipment
- Every package we ship comes extra packed to ensure the absolute safest travel from our store to your hands
- All shipments go out ASAP. Our first priority upon seeing a purchase is getting it out, so expect to see your tracking number the next business day if purchased after 4pm or even the day of if purchased in the morning. Shipments do not get picked up on weekends so if purchased over weekend expect to see it going out Monday
- All of our workers here have a love for music and either are professional, seasoned musicians, or have a degree within the music field, so please give us a call or shoot us a message!
Check out our social media pages to stay in the loop as well to see our old commercials, rock-star visits, and cool new arrivals!
So come on down to our house, the House of Guitars, because we will sell you EVERYTHIIIING!!!
6-string Acoustic-electric Guitar with Sitka Spruce Top, Indian Rosewood Back and Sides, Mahogany Neck, and Ebony Fretboard – Natural
Gorgeous Grand Concert Acoustic with V-Class Bracing
For over 40 years, Taylor acoustic guitars have made a name among players of all genres as a unique-sounding instrument with truly special tonal signatures. The Taylor 412e-R Grand Convert V-Class acoustic-electric guitar is a continuation of that stellar tradition and represents the midpoint between Taylor’s lower-end models and its highest-priced guitars. The 412e-R features a signature Sitka spruce top with V-Class bracing, which optimizes volume, sustain, and tonal balance. As with Taylor’s other Grand Concerts, the 412e-R has a broad dynamic range — even when picked aggressively, notes and chords ring out clearly. A driving attack really highlights the 412e-R’s fullness and projection. This guitar comes equipped with Taylor ES2 electronics for natural tone and dynamics in a stage-friendly direct out. Acoustic players at Sweetwater love the Taylor 412e-R.
V-Class bracing: a sonic revelation
Bracing is the internal framework of an acoustic guitar that helps shape its sound. Although X-bracing has been standard in acoustic guitars for over a century, it creates an innate conflict between two key elements of a guitar’s sound: volume and sustain. The guitar’s top (its soundboard) contributes to both. The flexibility of the top generates volume (projection), while its stiffness generates sustain. And with X-braced guitar tops, here’s where the trade-off comes in: when something is made stiffer, its flexibility is reduced (and vice versa). V-Class bracing changes all that.
With Taylor’s V-Class bracing, an acoustic guitar top can be both stiff and flexible — for more volume and sustain. V-Class bracing provides stiffness parallel to the strings for more rigidity and hence sustain. Flexibility on either side generates the air movement necessary for robust projection. It’s the best of both worlds. This groundbreaking innovation also improves intonation — not only producing notes that are louder and with longer sustain, but are also more in tune with each other. V-Class bracing boosts volume evenly across the tonal spectrum, increases sustain, and improves the natural intonation of the instrument by creating a more synergistic response from the soundboard. This fosters a more harmonious relationship between the notes you play, helping chords to ring out in cohesive splendor. Pick up a Taylor with V-Class bracing and experience it for yourself.
Taylor Master Luthier Andy Powers displays V-Class top bracingSitka spruce and Indian rosewood provide a well-rounded tone
This Taylor 412e-R acoustic-electric guitar is a prime example of the quality tonewoods Bob Taylor and his team select for their instruments. It features a Sitka spruce top, a tonewood long known for its robust projection and high-end sparkle and sustain. The Indian rosewood back and sides respond well to a variety of playing styles. Strum it softly, and you get a beautifully rich, subtle response; attack the strings with more vigor, and the thicker, more-rounded tonal range emerges. And the mahogany neck, with its ebony fingerboard and Italian acrylic Renaissance inlays, feels and responds beautifully in your hands. The tonewood combination of the 412e-R is a good choice for aggressive flatpickers and strummers who are looking for a well-rounded, all-purpose acoustic guitar.
Classic Grand Concert shape
Taylor’s Grand Concert body design is well suited for fingerstyle players who want a focused tone that brings out the best in their technique. Your tones will remain balanced across the frequency spectrum, while minimizing the huge lows and overtones that may be desirable in much larger-bodied instruments. And fretting is extremely comfortable due to the 24.87″ scale length’s narrower fret spacing. You’ll fall in love with the controlled, rich tones and effortless playability of the 412e-R.
Taylor Expression System 2 electronics deliver superior sound onstage
Artists who play plugged in will appreciate the natural-sounding Taylor Expression System 2 (ES2) electronics onboard the 412e-R. This system features a 3-section proprietary pickup located behind the guitar’s saddle for clear and accurate sound reproduction. Discreet contoured master volume and tone controls let you tweak your sound and output from the stage, and a phase switch helps you squelch feedback before it starts.
Taylor 412e-R Grand Concert Acoustic-electric Guitar Features:
- Classic Grand Concert shape
- Sitka spruce top is bright and bold, with impressive projection
- V-Class bracing optimizes volume, sustain, and tonal balance
- Indian rosewood back and sides exhibit enhanced warmth, depth, and clarity
- Tropical mahogany neck plays comfortably
- Ebony fingerboard provides phenomenal articulation
- Tone works well in an ensemble setting
- Taylor nickel tuners are built stage rugged and studio precise
- 4mm Italian acrylic Renaissance inlays and 3-ring soundhole rosette provide a touch of elegance
- Taylor ES2 electronics provide natural tone and dynamics for the stage