Hi there! This is the House of Guitars speaking. Thank you for checking out our Reverb page. We just want to give you a few points as to why you should go with the H.O.G.!
- We are a family business that have been running strong since 1964 and work with pride and passion
- Every listing (UNLESS STATED OTHERWISE) goes through a photoshoot to highlight the uniqueness of every instrument
- All guitars go through an inspection and set-up with our professional in-store luthiers to make sure they are in top shape before shipment
- Every package we ship comes extra packed to ensure the absolute safest travel from our store to your hands
- All shipments go out ASAP. Our first priority upon seeing a purchase is getting it out, so expect to see your tracking number the next business day if purchased after 4pm or even the day of if purchased in the morning. Shipments do not get picked up on weekends so if purchased over weekend expect to see it going out Monday
- All of our workers here have a love for music and either are professional, seasoned musicians, or have a degree within the music field, so please give us a call or shoot us a message!
Check out our social media pages to stay in the loop as well to see our old commercials, rock-star visits, and cool new arrivals!
So come on down to our house, the House of Guitars, because we will sell you EVERYTHIIIING!!!
6-string Acoustic-electric Guitar with Spruce Top, Rosewood Back and Sides, Mahogany Neck, and Rosewood Fingerboard – Rosewood Burst
Gibson’s Iconic Blues Box at its Most Elegant
The fingerstylist’s dream guitar, Gibson Acoustic’s L-00 rosewood 12-fret acoustic-electric guitar represents a more refined take on Gibson’s time-tested blues box. This guitar’s resonant Sitka spruce top and rosewood-topped mahogany neck meet two frets closer than your typical L-00 — hence the “12-fret” designation. This design maximizes the depth, dynamics, and response of the L-00 rosewood 12-fret, resulting in an utterly superb-sounding fingerpicking instrument that’s equally fit to take on down-home blues, immaculate melodic fingerstyle, or even strummed vocal accompaniment. A gorgeous pair of rosewood back and sides double down on this guitar’s luxurious voice, producing a deep, rumbling bass and crystalline highs. You also get a fast-playing SlimTaper neck profile and wide 1.725-inch nut width, along with stage-ready LR Baggs electronics. Whether you’re after a fine new fingerstyle companion or couch-bound strummer, the Gibson Acoustic L-00 rosewood 12-fret will provide you with a full-range tone that punches well beyond this guitar’s small-bodied stature.
Harmonic-laden rosewood body
Most often found with mahogany backs and sides, Gibson’s L-00 instruments have been favored since the ’30s for their dry, crisp, and bluesy tone — but what if you’re after a slightly more refined sound? Enter the Gibson Acoustic L-00 rosewood 12-fret. As the name implies, this guitar swaps out traditional mahogany for a more elegant-sounding set of rosewood back and sides that bloom and resound with even the gentlest pluck. Deep bass, blooming highs, and singing harmonic overtones — the L-00 rosewood 12-fret truly is tailor-made for fingerstylists. And fear not, blues guitarists: though this L-00 sports a classy rosewood construction, it still can output frenetic fingerpicked blues with the best of them!
12-fret neck joint for superior depth and enhanced responsiveness
Long before guitar makers began to fit their instruments with a long 14-fret joint, the 12-fret neck joint reigned supreme — and still does, in the classical and nylon-string world. Why? While you lose a degree of upper-fret access, 12-fret guitars offer a more responsive and dynamic tone when played with fingers instead of a plectrum. Moreover, 12-fret guitars often boast an enhanced bass response, which helps small-bodied instruments such as the L-00 rosewood 12-fret deliver a depth and projection that defy its humble stature.
Classic Gibson craftsmanship for impeccable sound, looks, and playability
Gibson’s reputation as a fine guitar builder dates back to the late 1800s. Handcrafted since day one by some of the most skilled luthiers around, Gibson acoustic guitars have inspired countless players around the world. When you pick up a Gibson acoustic, you know you’re getting the finest tonewoods, quality hardware, and incredible attention to detail. These instruments are built to sound great and stand the test of time. After moving from Kalamazoo, Michigan, to Nashville, Tennessee (where Gibson electric guitars continue to be made), Gibson finally settled their acoustic operation in Bozeman, Montana, where the company continues to handcraft some of the finest guitars on the planet.
Gibson Acoustic L-00 Rosewood 12-fret Acoustic-electric Guitar Features:
- Spruce top with scalloped Sitka spruce bracing provides a sweet and dynamic tone with a supremely touch-sensitive response
- Rosewood back and sides offer a more refined tone than your typical L-00, flush with deep lows and sparkling top-end chime
- Fingerstyle-facilitating 12-fret neck joint results in a more responsive tone with enhanced bass
- Rosewood-topped mahogany neck carved into a SlimTaper profile supplies a comfortable feel and speedy playability
- LR Baggs VTC under-saddle pickup with handy volume and tone controls mounted directly to the soundhole
- Elegant gold Grover open-back tuners for superb stability and a charming old-school aesthetic
- Light nitrocellulose lacquer finish maximizes resonance and response
- String Type:Steel
- Number of Strings:6
- Body Shape:L-00
- Back & Sides Wood:Rosewood
- Top Wood:Sitka Spruce
- Top Finish:Gloss Nitrocellulose Lacquer
- Color:Rosewood Burst
- Body Bracing:Scalloped X-bracing
- Neck Wood:Mahogany
- Neck Shape:Slim Taper
- Fingerboard Material:Rosewood
- Fingerboard Inlay:Mother of Pearl Dots
- Number of Frets:19
- Scale Length:24.75″
- Nut Width:1.725″
- Nut/Saddle Material:Tusq/Tusq
- Bridge Material:Rosewood
- Tuning Machines:Grover Open Back
- Electronics:LR Baggs VTC
- Case/Gig Bag:Hardshell Case